cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print a smartform with cyrillic texts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to print a smartform in cyrillic.

the smartform stype uses cyrillic font COURCYR, HELVCYR, TIMECYR.

when I try to print the smartform with Ukraine language the pdf contain garbage character only for cyrillic text.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

david_liu1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check SAP notes 812821(if your system is Unicode) and 322998.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

The device is the correct one but I'm not able to see correct character.

The imported table in CALL FUNCTION 'CONVERT_OTF_2_PDF' seems to have correct characters (cyrillic ones) but after the conversion is not correct.

Thanks

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you import true type fonts that support the Cyrillic characters via report RSTXPDF2 under font families COURCYR, HELVCYR and TIMECYR as per SAP note 322998?

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i have created a new smartform style with font COURCYR, HELVCYR and TIMECYR and the smartform use it.

the SAP release is ECC 6.0.

If i print a spool in cyrillic language it's OK; if I try to generate a PDF from a smartform I see not cyrillic characters.

the device type is SAPWIN5.

Moreover in the smartform there is also a material description that I have inserted in MM02 and also this text is not printed correctly.

Thanks

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You did not answer my question if you imported true type fonts via report RSTXPDF2. If you run report RSTXPDF2 and select radio button ' Show availableFont Files', are there true type fonts listed under SAP font COURCYR, HELVCYR etc?

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have executed the report and the result is the following one:

Following font files exist:

AP font Variant Type Purpose Coding Font name Font Family Encoding BoundingBox No PDF Embedding No font Replacement

OCRB normal TrueType SAPscript R/3 OCR-B10BT OCR-B 10 BT UnicodeEncoding [-4 -290 1803 741 ] Off Off

ARIAL normal TrueType SAPscript R/3 Arial Arial UnicodeEncoding [-665 -325 2000 1005 ] Off Off

MICR normal TrueType SAPscript R/3 MICR MICR UnicodeEncoding [ 194 -238 759 847 ] Off Off

SDRAJ normal TrueType SAPscript R/3 SdrawkcabJJ SdrawkcabJJ UnicodeEncoding [-74 -228 1047 914 ] Off Off

in transaction smartstyles, I can see the COURCYR, HELVCYR and TIMECYR and I have inserted them in the style used for smartform .

Thanks

Ilenia

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From what I see, there is no true type font installed via RSTXPDF2 for font families COURCYR, HELVCYR and TIMECYR as required by SAP note 322998. You should import true type fonts e.g. windows fonts Courier New, Arial and Times New Roman under font families COURCYR, HELVCYR and TIMECYR via report RSTXPDF2.

Regards,

Aidan