cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to update field TAXKD in XD02 through BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to update the field TAXKD(sales area-> billing ->tax classification) in tcode XD02.

I tried BAPI- SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL by passing values in

1. import parameters:- I_KNVV ,PI_POSTFLAG = 'X',PI_ADD_ON_DATA.

2. Tables T_XKNVI ,T_YKNVI.

After this BAPI is executed , I execute BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT .

Its not updating the tax classification field in XD02 .

Could you tell me if I am using the correct BAPI .If yes , then please guide me for the input parameters .

Thanks in advance .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191735
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, the FM is not RFC enabled. I would go for a BDC or find the Batch program for updating customer master data. I dont remember the name but you can search in Forum.

Good luck

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have Struck with the same problem now, can u plz help me with the procedure solved by u??

thanks in advance,

plz help me.

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

The best way to do that would be doing a recording in LSMW for the same referencing FD02 or XD02

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

dont know any FM. You may use BDC as suggested earlier, or create an IDOC to create/change the customer (though SAP does not recommend creating IDOCs to be processed in the same system).

The FM IDOC_INPUT_DEBITOR can be used to process the IDOCs...Segment E1KNVIM contains the field TAXKD.Within the FM IDOC_INPUT_DEBITOR, the system uses BDC to call XD01/XD02 and does not use BAPI. So, i guess there is no BAPI to update this field.

So, in sum, irrespective of which way you adopt, the system will call BDC to update data in the field. It depends on whether you are comfortable creating IDOC or BDC.

rgds,

Raghav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL is used in standard during the maintenance of a consumer using the standard customer master data transaction XD01 & XD02.

It is not intended to be used out of the transaction and in no case it should be used out of its original context. Due to the specificity of the function module, out of the original context we may face limitations and data inconsistencies.

This is precisely what you will face in your case.

For the maintenance of customers, there is NO BAPI and NO direct function module.

There are some functions modules like the one above where the name is looking nice. But these should not be used.

• Below ECC 2005 (6.00), the only solution was batch input and DEBMAS idocs. See [note 384462|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/384462]

• Starting with ECC 2005 (6.00) and above: a synchronisation tool has been introduce. See class CMD_EI_API and VMD_EI_API

Hope this helps

BR

Alain