cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDMS and saving changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Collegues!

I have activated WebDMS. And while working with original that was exported I cannot save changes. I can only export and that opens (unlock) castle icon. And I donnot know the right way how to save changes and lock original. I have tried many combinations.

For example:

1. I tick the original

2. Press "Change"

3. The screen that offers three buttons appeares (Export. ExportOK, Cancel)

4. Make Export

5. Than "ExportOK"

6. Than "Save"

7. "Status can only be set when all originals are stored" (analog Message no. 26269)

8. ?

?: And how complete this issue (save changes)? In my situation and for me there is no possible solvation at the moment and it is not clear, but I need change the office docs via web-browser.

And complete saving changes in sap (not in WebDMS) I cannot too. But when I choose delete/create (but not change) original in both varinats of working all are correct.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the mentioned message is normally raised of the original file is still checked out. There should be a button like 'Checkin' in WebDMS. So after step '5' when you have edited the original you have to check it in again.

The mesage is raised because of the status customizing in transaction DC10. Because I expect that here the flag is set called 'Checkin required'. This means the status can only be used when all original files are checked in.

I hope this information could be useful for you.

best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Christoph - I have this option switched on. It helps me to control leaving the dms doc until changes is saved. I donnot know about another variant if it is (as far as DMS is concerned, but not WebDMS).

"So after step '5' when you have edited the original you have to check it in again" - Christoph, do you know how it can be? I donnot see another buttons and those I see does not allow me to complete checking. Maybe there is a specail order? I tried many combinations. Maybe KPro needs special maintanance for working in the web? I suppose that it should be a version, but ... see above.

And the last question. Is it possible to see in WebDMS versions as it have been made in DMS (tab "Originals")?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right order:

1. I tick the original

2. Press "Change"

3. The screen that offers three buttons appeares (Export. ExportOK, Cancel)

4. Make Export (save as ... on your computer)

5. Then "ExportOK" (after changes)

6. Then tick your file again

7. Again click "Save"

8. Again choose the file path

9. click save (ok)

10. castle icon has been closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Collegues! Have you any idea?

Found this - [recommendation|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/0c/b98e3c90347b17e10000000a114084/content.htm] - how to, but there so simple scenario without details about standart functionality.

Check In

You can check in originals, which are saved in the local network, into a storage system. The following originals are indicated by the icon:

Originals that are to be checked in for the first time.

Originals that have already been checked in, and loaded into the local network for changing.

To do this start WebDocuments. Process the document info record in the change mode.

Select the original in the Originals dataset.

Choose Check In. The system determines the storage system based on the system settings, and checks in the original.

You return to the data sheet. The original application file is indicated by the Checked In icon.

Save the document.

Very simple, but not work, and no details. Castle icon are not locked. DELETE, CANCEL - work, but not CNANGE.

Maybe my storage system cannot determine the storage system? If it is right, so where can i maintain this option?