cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register SAPCCM4X agent or create monitoring entry from CEN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our SAP Solution Manager runs on SAP NW 7.01, SP25.

I want to monitor our BI (SAP NW 7.02) and PI (NW 7.1) system from our Solman system, which acts as CEN.

I have read the "Central Monitoring SAP Netweaver CE 7.1 EHP1 SPS 0" guide.

I have read that "The creation of the remote monitoring entry replace the registration of the CCMS Agent and

set up the AS ABAP based steps for the creation of the Customizing Destination".

My question :

Do we still need to register SAPCCM4X and SAPCCMSR agents into managed systems when the CEN runs on SAP Solution Manager SAP NW 7.01 ?

RZ21, Technical Infrastructure, Configure Central System, Create Remote Monitoring Entry, is it the same action as registering CCMS Agent into managed systems ?

Thanks for your feedback

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPCCM4X and SAPCCMSR are agents to collect the data from remote system. So in anycase we have to register them only then data will be transferred to central systems.

Thanks ,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of use for your answer,

but I am still not fully convinced.

Let's summarize and take a real example :

1. Our Solution Manager runs on SAP NW EhP1 (S04)

2. Our ERP system Q11 runs pm SAP NW 7.00.

In Solution Manager - SO4

1. RZ21, Technical Infrastructure, Configure Central System, Maintain System Groups.

I can Q11 ERP system

2. RZ21, Agents for Remote System

There is no agents registered. No SAPCCM4X from Q11.

3. RZ20

I receive all alerts from Q11

In ERP 6.0 - Q11

1. The saposcol services runs.

2. The sapcc4x service does not run

3. There is no SAPCCM4X agent registered

sapccm4x -status pf=Q11_DVEBMGSxx_hostname

Once again, I have read an official SAP Guide called "Central Monitoring SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 EHP 1 SPS 0". In page 23, it is clearly written "The creation of the remote monitoring entry replaces the registrationof the CCMS Agent and sets up the AS ABAP based steps for the creation of the Customizing Destination".

Can someone fully confirmed at 100 % that we do have 2 options ?

1. Option 01 : Register CCMS Agent

2. Option 02 : Create a remote entry from Solution Manager, referencing managed system (Q11 in that case).

Best regards

cc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I confirm that you do not need to register CCMS Agent into satellite system.

Best regards

CC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

Yes, you have to register the SAPCCM4X (For ABAP) and SAPCCMSR (For Java) agents into managed to get the data from particular system. Along with SAPCCM4X and SAPCCMSR agents you need to register the ccms ping agent to check the availability of the system.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

We do need to have agents running to push the data to central monitoring system.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm70ehp1_sp26/helpdata/en/c4/3a7da1505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Kindly go through the link above for deatils monitoring methodology using EHP1.

Regards

Vivek