cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parsing Issue in Filter For Date Format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am having Parsing Issue on "Key Date" Object in Universe. See the Error and Code below for your review

Error: Parse Failed: Exception: DBD, The value entered is not valid. It must adhere to one of the following formats.

YYYYMMDD

DD.MM.YYYYState:N/A

Code:

<OPERATOR VALUE="AND"><OPTIONAL><FILTER KEY="0I_DAYIN"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="Between"><CONSTANT TECH_NAME="@Prompt('Day Interval From','A','Calendar Day\LovDay IntervalBase',mono,primary_key)"/><CONSTANT TECH_NAME="@Prompt('Day Interval To','A','Calendar Day\LovDay IntervalBase',mono,primary_key)"/></CONDITION></FILTER></OPTIONAL><FILTER KEY="0P_KEYDA"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="Equal"><CONSTANT TECH_NAME="@Prompt('Key Date','D',,mono,free)"/></CONDITION></FILTER></OPERATOR>

This universe is created by someone else and client need to modify it with a calendar but i did not modify it yet however its already giving me the hard time. Kindly advise, any kind of help will be appreciated

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With the information provided I cannot for sure get to the error but here is what I would check.

Firstly, I was wondering if the 5th parameter in the @Prompt can be Primary_Key. I thought it would be either free or constrained.

Secondly, please the LOV values for the @ prompt are being populated from 'Calendar Day\LovDay IntervalBase'. So I would check the date format being used there.

Third, the To and From dates are alphaneumeric and not dates, so I am not sure how the comparision would happen.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Madhur

former_member220731
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks For your reply I will try the 5th Parameter for @Prompt with free/ constrained but could you tell me how can i change the date format. Apparently the client's requirement for Date is "DD:MM:YYYY" but designer is not validating it.

The main objective is to place calendars for the client for selecting the value but the date format issue raised.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the current code, it looks like you are providing the dates to select. Hence you are deciding on the format of date. Check what is the format you are providing in the LOV.

If you want to provide the user with a Calender to select the date, use "@Prompt('Day Interval To','D', , mono, free)". This should provide a calender to the user to select a date.

former_member220731
Participant
0 Kudos

Madhur,

How can i check the date format in LOV? Can you give me the steps how can i do that? I apologize for that i know its a very basic thing but i don't know how to do that. I hope you can understand.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shehzad,

It will be little difficult to tell what the date format would be like as I have not run into such an issue so far. My apologies for that.

Regards,

Madhur

Former Member
0 Kudos

To check the format of the LOV:

Go to the object 'Calendar Day\LovDay IntervalBase'

Right click and select "Object Format"

This would tell you the format, if any, was set.

You could also go to the SQL of the LOV and see if anything is set there.

Go to the object > Edit (select Object Properties) > go to the Properties tab

Click the "Edit..." button and check the SQL.

Hope this helps you!

Sowmya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your helpful reply my issue have been resolved by installing the FP3.5 released by SAP for BOBJ 3.1.