cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe in SLG1, all the transactions carried out may not be captured. SLG1 would for sure capture the Background activities but the one's carried in Foreground may not be captured by it. Can anyone let me know which transaction should I use to view all the activities done in the system?

Thanks,

SS

Edited by: SAPSriman on Apr 21, 2011 5:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SS

What exactly do you mean by ALL activities in the system ? SLG1 will show you all application logs written by standard as well as custom programs wherever these programs are designed to write logs. These include a wide variety of applications across all modules of APO including CIF, DP, SNP, etc.

Other than application logs, you can also see background job logs in SM37. Specific modules also have specialized logging methods - For example with GATP, you can see the logs in /SAPAPO/ATPLOG_DSP. Master data change logs can be activated for Product Master, Location Master, Interchangeability data.

And remember that APO is a planning system, not an execution system. As such, logging is designed to be minimal. To be used for troubleshooting, not as an audit trail.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Thanks for the response.

Recently one of the super user had gone to OM17 and he clicked on STOP CIF QUEEUES but this did not get captured any where in SLG1. Will this be an exception

Thanks,

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

SS

This would not be captured in application logs. Ask your BASIS person if there is a way to capture start/ stop of queues with CCMS or any other method.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

SS