cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservices from R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am interested in understanding how Web services could be offered from within R/3. Could someone please let me know where I could get detailed information(with samples, system configuration etc.) on this topic?

Thanks and regards

Paresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't mention what R/3 system you're using and what else you have (Web As or not)?

For security reasons (we never let web stuff talk directly to our R/3 system) we write FMs in Web AS, which retrieve all the data we need from the R/3 system and then serve this to web service consumers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy,

Thanks for your inputs.

I am working on Netweaver 04 R/3 system with SAP_BASIS release 640. Do I need separate installation of Web AS for exposing Web services on R/3 with this release? Or does Netweaver 04 R/3 system include Web AS installation? Could you please point me to information (e.g. block diagram) related to system landscape?

Also, you mentioned about writing FMs in Web AS which can be made available as web services. How are these WAS FMs connected to R/3 functionality?

Best regards

Paresh

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To me, NW 04 has as such nothing to do with R/3 as we refer to the good old R/3 (which we are currently running 4.7 EE), but the combination of EP, XI, Web As, KM, BW, etc. More info on service.sap.com/nw04 and try the SAP NW in detail in the left menu.

Of course in 4.7 one has also a Web As (I think 6.2)incorporated, but for security reasons we prefer to do all web stuff on a seperate Web AS (which is still 6.2, since NW04 isn't available for AIX yet).

Concerning the FMs.

We have a FM on the web as, which calls (ventually multiple) existing FMs on the R/3 system via RFC. The FM on the Web AS does, if needed, all the stuff with the data in order to be usefull for web service consumers.

This FM is remote use enable (in the properties) and thus automatically web service enabled (also WSDL). It is automatically also seen in the demo web repository app called "webservicebrowser".

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are some info available in SDN itself. please search for them. Also have a look at the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bf/d005244e9d1d4d92b2fe7935556b4c/frameset.htm

Regards

Raja