cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizable selects for fill header programs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We ran into an issue using TDMS to copy table RESB. By default records with field XLOEK = 'X' are not copied (the X value indicates the reservation has been deleted, but we need those records to be copied anyway). I opened a message and received a recommendation to either use the procedure documented in note 1166229 or to use the troubleshooter for the activity "Fill Internal Header Tables for VSRESB_CN and RESB". I opted to try the document attached to note 1166229. The document points to a maintenance view, V_CNVTDMS_05_CSM. I used that view to locate and delete the two records that appeared to be checking XLOEK.

The TDMS run successfully copied all the records from RESB, but it appears to have removed the 'X" value.

Has anyone used either the document from 1166229 or the troubleshooter to do something similar?

TIA,

Russ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello ,

In order to tranfer the deleted reservations , i guess the customizable select is not configured properly.

In the custom select trying doing this :

Add an 'OR' condition with 2 entries xloek = " " and xloek ='X' and mark the Active flag = 'X' for both the entries.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly correct. SAP answered my customer message with essentially the same information, and that solved the problem.

Thanks and best regards,

Russ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Russel,

Just wanted to say I share your pain, but unfortunately I don't have a solution.

We had this exact same problem when we implemented TDMS, 2 years ago. We complained to OSS, and the answer was that it "works as designed" (deleted reservations are not considered). For further customization they sent us to that note you mention, but warned us it should be done by "an expert TDMS consultant".

I am not sure if we actually tried changing the view, but I know in the end we were not successful either.

Anyway, just to say that you are in the correct track (V_CNVTDMS_05_CSM is the right view to attack). If the records are selected but the fields values are not ok then I would say you have a good case to complain to OSS.

Sorry I can't help more, and would love to know how you did it when you eventually solve it.

Regards,

Rui Dantas