cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo Error in Mii 12.1.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having problems with JCo in Mii 12.1.4. When the JCo Function builds the Output XML structure properly but does not build the Input Structure at all. When I look at the Log Viewer I see this error:

JCO Proxy Error: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: An invalid or illegal XML character is specified.

[EXCEPTION]

org.w3c.dom.DOMException: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: An invalid or illegal XML character is specified.

If I try to use JRA the Input and Output structures are generated correctly. In this case the same message is inserted into the log but only as a warning.

What is going on here? Can someone please help?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a very good chance this issue has been corrected in a newer service pack. Have you been through any of the release notes on service marketplace? 12.1.8 is the latest update, and also requires NW SP5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have also tried this in our Mii sandbox (version 12.1.8 Build 28) with no luck.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What BAPI are you using? Is it the same for all BAPI's?

If the latest build is still showing an issue on your sandbox, then perhaps logging a support ticket is a good next step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

We are calling a custom BAPI. I had the ABAP developer change one of the inputs in ABAP function module from a table to a flat structure and it is now working. Very strange, indeed.

The input table contained only one field with a length of 2 characters.

Thanks

Answers (0)