cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP University Alliance - New instructor - help required to start..

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a new user here and need help.

We are planning to have SAP running in our school from June 1st.

I understand we will be logging in a server at Univ of Wisconsin.

1. Can some one give me a link for FAQ how to setup client here - any VPN connection needed etc.

2. Stepwise instructions of setting up a demo company - parameters etc.

3. Link to any case write up that is already in the demo setup.

4. Configuration materials

5. How are we supposed to keep a backup of the database ? Is it overwritten periodically ?

6. Any other documentation please

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sumantra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Greetings. I am supposed to teach SAP in the Summer - only few weeks back and hence need help.

I had posted this request last some time back and one of the moderators had replied that we (Georgia State University) have not signed the contract papers yet and hence cannot be given an ID.

I just got to know that we have been given an ID now (have not received it myself yet). Please guide me as to what the steps should be taken by me to hasten the process

Regards

Sumantra Sarkar

Georgia State University

Atlanta.

johnbaxter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sumantra,

In addition to the recent reply from Paul Hawking, I also suggest:

Have your University Alliances Faculty Coordinator connect you with another instructor on your campus who is experienced in teaching with SAP, so that person can help you with many of these questions.

Register for access to the online SAP University Alliances Community (u201CUACu201D). There are two steps: first you register for access to the public site, and you will receive an e-mail with your u201CP-Numberu201D (public user number). Then continue to the second step, posting a request on our site for access to the members-only private Collaboration Workspace (u201CCWu201D). After you post and our team processes your request, you will receive a second e-mail confirming your CW access. I recommend you print out and follow the detailed step-by-step instructions at this link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/uac/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0f851e1-55ad-2c10-ffb0-d8e8bbcf0...

Once you have CW access, you should then view and listen to the recording of our recent webinar u201CNew Faculty Orientation.u201D In 45 minutes you will get answers to many of your questions. This will help you get off to a strong start! Use this link:

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/thread/16190?tstart=0

Then, visit the UA North America: Resources for Member Schools webpage within the CW, which contains valuable references that answer many of the questions that both new schools and long time member schools have about the University Alliances Program. Use this link:

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-114815

Register for, and attend, University Alliances faculty training this summer. Start with u201CIntroduction to SAP ERP and SAP University Alliances.u201D This workshop is in Montreal on June 6-9 (it will be repeated in Milwaukee July 11-14). Then move on to u201CAccounting Information Systems,u201D to be held at CSU, Chico June 20-23. Course offerings, logistics, and the link to register are online. Use this link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/uac/ua-events?rid=/webcontent/uuid/9036aa19-f015-2e10-94b6-9672c4eb1fea [original link is broken]

Register for access to the website at your assigned University Competence Center (UCC). Then review online resources for new faculty at the UCCu2019s site, including instructions for downloading the SAP GUI, and requesting clients (SAP systems with data, for use in the classroom). If you have further questions about system access or need technical support, contact the support team at your UCC by creating a help ticket request.

For all further questions, contact your SAP University Alliances Faculty Coordinator, who is there to assist you in teaching effectively with SAP software and University Alliances curriculum.

Best,

John Baxter

SAP University Alliances Program Manager, U.S. East Region

0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thank you for the heads up. I have access to the Community Network now.

I need two help.

For the class I will be teaching, I was planning to show the Reference models / Blueprints ( e.g how best can companies make use of a best business practices of Configure to Order / Repetitive Manufacturing model to crash the implementation time - can you please guide me to the link.

Additionally, can you also guide me to the Business process modeler link? A dumb question - do you all have a modeler of SAP or use IDS Scheer ARIS ? Would appreciate if you can guide me to any link on those too.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards

Sumantra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I will try and answer some of tehse questions:

1. The University Competency Cemter should provide all the details of how to connect to the appropriate server.

2. This will depend on which curriculum you plan to teach. The curriculum is located in Collaborative Workspace

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/community/uac . Most of this curriculum has step by step instructions for the students. You should enrol in one of the many UAP curriculum workshops to get a better understanding of what is available.

3. Some of the curriculum materials include case studies.

4. As above

5. The UCC handles all adminsitrative matters and this is somethinmg you need to talk to them about.

6. There are a lot of materails available. But a word of warniing. You need to think about what aspects you want to teach and then look for appropriate materials. Sometime it is better to walk before you run.

Hope this helps

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Program Director

Victoria University

Australia

SAP Mentor