cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting of expenses which are paid by company

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am facing below problem on expenses paid by company!

While creating of posting document using t-code prfi , those expense line items are missing which are paid by company.... (Although it had been entered in travel expense sheet)

My Current SPRO setting...

I have created Expense type Airfare Company paid... (V_T706B1)

Following are the setting...

1) Travel Expense Cat : Public Transportation

Provider Catagory = AirLine

Exp ty.Permisssibity = 123456789

Amount are Paid by Company

2) Then i did setting (V_T702N_K) Posting of paid receipt

Posting in status Trip approved only

3)Then assign wage type and two symbolic account.. one with + (Expense account) and one - (Clearing Account)

Then HRT , assignment of both expense accounts to GL clearing account..

but still those expense types are missing in posting document which are paid by company...

Did i left something?

Thanks for your time in advance....

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muhammad,

It sounds like you have everything set up properly. After you run PRFI you would run PRRW to tranfer the amounts to FI. Do you see anything there?

When the documents are viewed in PRRW they should be under the same trip # but showing with a different posting document number. I would suggest sorting on the GL account when viewing the data in PRRW and look for the GL account you are using for the company paid expense to see if it does show up.

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for your response...

Yes, Problem was with my GL assignment in HRT,

Although i have assigned two symbolic account for company paid expenses but both symbolic account are assigned same GL expense account instead of expense account and clearing account...

Again Thanks!

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To post to employee vendor account , i have 1RR - *KP as entries in table "Customer/vendor trip costs postings - HRP transaction). Then it is mapped to GL account in HRT transaction. This gets posted correctly for "reimburse to employee". What entries should we give for "company paid credit card expenses" and link it to clearing account? i.e should we setup something similar to 1RR - *KP. Please explain how it can be done.?

PattG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umar,

Need some help with the posting of paid by company expenses. As of now suppose I have 2 types of expenses:

HTRE - Hotel Expenses (Reimbursable to EMployee) - 8000

HTPC - Hotel Expenses (Paid  by Company) - 8001

I have maintained the expense type properly with statuses paid by company/reimbursable. In case of wage type to symbolic account I have maintained

8000     +00

8001     +01

I have only maintained one symbolic account in both cases. Then in HRP i have maintained

1RR     *KP

and HRT

+00     4000001

+01     4000001

G/L expense account 4000001 - Travel expenses have been mapped to both.

Now when I Post the expenses, suppose hotel paid by company = 10000 and hotel reimbursable to employee is 5000, in my posting doc both amount gets posted to the vendor account corresponding to the employee.

So 15000 gets posted to the employee vendor. In this case if I understand right, employee will get paid 15000 while actually he should get only 5000.

How can I ensure that FI side is able to recognize the 10000 as paid by company and does not pay it out. Hope this is not a manual activity.

Please help.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please check following points.

1) Check your expense type HTPC - Hotel Expenses (Paid  by Company) V_T706B1, it should be Paid by Company (Amounts are )

2) Also assign 2nd symbolic account to 8001   in in Table V_T706K Which could be clearing or depending on your GL.

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah I used the points from your blog to maintain second symbolic account and then assigned the same to the clearing account. The scenario is working now. So the expenses paid by the company will not be moved to clearing account from the expenses account. This is the correct behavior rt?

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note that every amount be debited to expense account..

2nd symbolic account must be negitive (-90) and 190 must be assigned to clearing account or vendor account (depending upon your user requirement).. now Expense (15000 (10000 + 5000) will be  posted (debited) in which 5000 would be credited to employee vendor and 10000 shall be credited to learing account or vendor account..

Hopes it would serve your purpose..

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah I tried the same. Looks like it did serve the purpose. Doing some more testing on the same.

Thanks a lot..

Cheers,

Rahul

Answers (0)