cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workcenter links to BEx are non-FQDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a strange issue. If I open the Root Cause Analysis workcenter and do a workload analysis the page cannot be opened. I can see the URL it uses at the bottom very shortly. The URL it uses is not a FQDN URL. Since we have different domains, this will not work. If I change my personal host file to make sure that the host is known, everything works and I get my data.

The strange part is, the parameters SAPLOCALHOSTFULL and icm/host_name_full are set correctly. Did I miss something here?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem found.... Someone ran the E2E setup again and changed the link to the BI system to a non-FQDN. Sigh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not want to use HTTPURLLOC, because it should not be necessary.

I could try the icm/HTTP/j2ee_0 parameter, but I was onder the assumption that all workcenter dynpro's and also the BEx call are done via the internal ITS on the ABAP stack and not the Java.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's strange it isn't working. I don't remember what parameter it relies on. It may not be the best way, but you can still try to force the generated URL by using the HTTPURLLOC table.

See the following notes :

805344 How URLs are generated automatically in BW

1033071 URL generation using HTTPURLLOC entries

Use the BW client.

We are using this table to generate URL using the Web Dispatcher host and port and it's working fine.

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Van Der Linden,

Additionally to notes above check note 1297849 .

1297849 - Root Cause Analysis URL generation

Also, check the following parameter in the instance profile:

icm/HTTP/j2ee_0 - Try to user FQHN intead of localhost in the host property

SAPLOCALHOSTFULL - Use FQHN

icm/host_name_full - Use FQHN

Regards,

Allam