Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KNVI(tax indicator) is not updated by FM SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

I need your help.

I am using FM SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL to upload my customer data. It is updating all the tables except KNVI table. The function module is returning sy-subrc u2013 0 but when I check the table the entry is not there.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Abnish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Abhinash,

I think better to go for BDC and update it. Do you want to update these taxes in directly in SAP or from non sap system.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the maintenance of customers, there is NO BAPI and NO direct function module.

There are some functions modules like the one above where the name is looking nice. But these should not be used.

SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL is used in standard. But for a very precise purpose.

The maintenance of consumer. And this should only be true from the transaction itself.

There exists BAPIs, they look like promising. But they are exclusively reserved for SAP Online store.

Using them would result in difficulties and in the worst case inconsistencies.

Despite the fact CMD_EI_API is quite difficult to use, it has the main benefit that is it supported if being triggered directly.

The only valid solutions are :

• Below ECC 2005 (6.00), the only solution was batch input and DEBMAS idocs. See note 384462

• Starting with ECC 2005 (6.00) and above: a synchronisation tool has been introduce. See class CMD_EI_API and VMD_EI_API

Hope this helps

BR

Alain

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not an ABAP programmer, hence not able to understand the coding provided in the FM. However, if you get sys-subrc=0, then there may not be exception added in the FM to check if update on the tax indicator was not done. I checked the exceptions given in the FM and one reads TAX_DATA_NOT_VALID, which I assume only checks the value of the tax indicator 1,0 or any other number. So I recommend copying this FM to a Z-program, then add required exception and check again. Just a suggestion from a functional guy.

Regards,