cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding alert from managed system to CEN using ALM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP,

I want to forward alerts from 3 satellites (managed) system to my CEN (Solution Manager).

Our environment :

1. Q11 is our ERP 6.0 system

2. X11 is our BW 7.02 system

3. T11 is our CRM 7.0 system

4. S04 is our Solman System

S04 is our Solman and CEN system, where there ALM runs.

Example :

1. A job failed in Q11, I want to receive the alert in S04 - Solman_workcenter, System Monitoring, Alert Inbox

2. A tablespace is full in X11, I want to receive the alert in S04 - Solman_workcenter, System Monitoring, Alert Inbox

3. The spool is full in T11, I want to receive the alert in S04 - Solman_workcenter, System Monitoring, Alert Inbox

I have no problem to centralize alerts in CCMS in S04 (RZ20). I can see all alerts from Q11, X11 and T11.

Question 01:

Is there a guide - I know the SAP standard guide "Monitoring Setup Guide CEN SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EhP 1, SPS 08) - which relates step by step to configure CEN using ALM ?

Question 02 : RFC

From Solution Manager to a satellite system, we do have 5 RFC :

1. SM_Q11CLNT100_READ

2. SM_Q11CLNT100_TMW

3. SM_Q11CLNT100_TRUSTED

4. Q11_RZ20_COLLECT

5. Q11_RZ20_ANALYZE

Do you know if we still need to keep Q11_RZ20_COLLECT and Q11_RZ20_ANALYZE ?

In other terms, do you have any guide which summarize all RFC between Solution Manager and a satellite system ?

Thanks for your input

SAP NetWeaverAdmin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you need this 2 RFCs as staed in te CEN guide.

check this also

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Managed_Systems|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Managed_Systems]

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Finally I got this, Please check this thread also it clear your doubts

[|]

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jansi,

Thanks for your input.

Now, I have some doubts.

Let's summarize.

S04 - our Solution Manager system runs on SAP NW 7.01, SP25.

Q11 - our ERP 6.0 runs on SAP NW 7.01

I have read in a SAP guide the following sentence :

"New Features for an easier registration to a CEN :

"The creation of the remote monitoring entry replaces the registration of the CCMS Agent and

"set up the AS ABAP based steps for the creation of the Customizing Destination".

My question is :

do we still need to register SAPCCM4X and SAPCCMSR agent into managed (satellite) systems or not ?

Or do we only need to create, from the CEN (Solution Manager), a remote entry from RZ21 ?

Best regards

SAPNetWeaverAdmin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

that depends on what type of monitoring you using

if you go ahead on Agent monitoring you have to register CCMS agent that will create another 2 RFC as SAPCCM4X.<managed host>.<instance number>, here the colloection done by this RFCs, doesnt require any work processes to involved.

But if you use your RZ21 remote connectivity system uses the analyse and collect RFC this require the work processs

it is clearly mentioned in the thread, and in the CEN guide also.

Please again go through the thread refered by me

Thanks

Jansi

Answers (0)