cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ehancement of Context node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need your expert suggestion for my scenario in the NW 7.02 landscape.

I have a context node in my Comp Contoller which is mapped to the View. The context node is built using the standard ddic structure in the SAP Namespace. I need to add some more UI elements to the view with the resctriction that i should use the same context node. i executed the following steps.

1. i enhanced the structure from SE11 usinng the concept of Append Structures.

2. in the Component contoller i created a new Enhacement implementation and then using this enhacement implemnation i added the new attributes from the append structure using the Create from Wizard Option. Using this i'm able to add the components of the Append Structures

3. I update the mapping in the view using the same enhacement implementation

4. i create a new lable and an input field and now try to bind the input field value with the new attribute from the context node using the same enhacement implementation. When i try to bind the input field value to the new attribute, i see that the attributes from the Append Structure are disabled and i cannot bind it.

i would like to know if it's a bug or is this the expected functionality.

regards,

OM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are only the newly added attirbutes are disabled or evrything under that node is disabled.

it shoud work i guess. there should not be any problem in this.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Om,

some times it does happen, when we try to bind the value to context attribute enhanced. try to delete the attribute and create again do all restrat work, it does work!!!