cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing doc in application, message for saving, import changes to file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Collegues!

I configuer dms document type and one question is appeared.

I change office doc in DIR. Save changes. And after I am forced and redirected to the first screen of CV02N transaction by the system, I am given the message "DIR is changed". And for complition and saving changes I need go to DIR and press "Save changes" for saving changes in office doc (for closing lock/castle icon in front of doc office that was changed). Now we dont use Content Server.

I know another scenario (the second). When I press "Save" in office aplication and close office application I am given the message "Doc was changed. Save changes?" And after saving changes in DIR I have no need again comming back to DIR and save changes for office doc (in that situation lock/castle icon is closed).

The question is, is it possible to configuer the second scenario without using content server? If it does not depend from content server and its options, so how to make lock/castle icon to be closed automatically without opening DIR by user again?

For the first scenario I have now next options switched on:

dc10

Use KPro

Revision Level Assignment

Version Assignment

Archiving Auth

Change Docs

Dc30 (for XLS)

Start Auth

Dialog when overwriting

Delete file after check-in

AddnlFiles

Content version

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

I hope the following information could be useful for you to change this behavior.

To avoid this behavior please add the parameter %NO-LEAVE% in transaction DC30 for the specific workstation application under "Define Workstation Application in network".

With the %NO-LEAVE% extension of the parameter the transaction should no longer be closed.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christoph, thanks a lot for help.

But before your piece of advice in dc30 I have switched on "You cannot rename temporary file" and the Message no. 26269 appeared.

Than after your recommendation I maintain in dc30 %No leave% and switch off "You cannot rename temporary file" the result is the same.

Very strange. And I tried the last combination: delete %No leave%, and switch off "You cannot rename temporary file" and the Message no. 26269 appeared again.

Maybe this is a basis problem not DMS?

naresh_bammidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

To stay back to the DIR screen with out leaving to the document browser screen i, have set the parameter %NO-LEAVE% for the work station application TXT in DC30. But it is showing an error popup, if i click on change original.

But what my requirement is, i need to stay back to the DIR screen after changing the original other than office documetnts.What is the parameter i need to set?

Please help me out.

Thanks

Naresh Bammidi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed, because the message mentioned above helps.