cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade SAP from release 701 to 710

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We have SAP ERP 6.0 EHP 4. Our Kernel release is on version 701, our Basis/ABAP components also on release 701, for example SAPKB70105, SAPKA70105 etc. Recently, we had an issue which we raised with SAP and they asked us to upgrade to release 710. Please outline us the steps how to do this?

Any suggestions are welcome.

regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Orkun,

In that case, I'll ask SAP how to do this upgrade; the message is still open. I'll give a feedback here when they reply back.

By the way, sometimes when we look at some SAP Notes, we find that they say that the relevant corrections are available or will be delivered in release 710 or 711 in certain specific support packages. So what are these releases they refer to?

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, there is NW 710 & it mainly consists of CE & PI Solutions.

Regards,

rajneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mainly, SAP Netweaver CE and PI is running on release "7.10".

Best regards,

Orkun

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your replies Orkun and Rajneesh.

Let me tell you the issue exactly: our case management has become very slow - when creating/opening/editing/saving a case. So we raised a message to SAP and they have replied that indeed cases are heavy objects and thus they tend to be slow. This has been resolved in 710 release. They proposed a few SAP notes to do tuning in some specific areas but which won't help much. They said if it's really critical then upgrade to version 710.

We too are confused; please give any other suggestions that you may have.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At this stage, they addressed you that the system is need to upgrade 710. Now, I can say that it is not possible, because there's no release Ehp4 for SAP Ecc 6.0 running on SAP Netweaver 7.10 stack.

Consequently, you should ask first that how can you run Ehp4 for SAP Ecc 6.0 over SAP Netweaver 7.10 to SAP AGS. This is because, as I mentioned that the latest release is Ehp4 for SAP Ecc 6.0/NWV 7.01 on SAP Marketplace. There must be a misunderstanding, in this issue.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Senior SAP Netweaver and Development Consultant

SAP Technical Architect

Former Member
0 Kudos

NW 701 & 710 are two different basis releases.

Its not possible to upgrade from 701 t o710. There is surely some confusion.

you can upgrade from 701 tp 702 (NW EHp2)

Let re check with SAP

Regards,

Rajneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know that the latest release is "EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 / NW7.01" and there's no support for SAP Netweaver 7.1 on Ehp4 For SAP ERP 6.0, yet. Are you sure that SAP recommended to upgrade "EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0" to SAP Netweaver 7.1?

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Senior SAP Netweaver and Deevlopment Consultant

SAP Technical Architect