cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing data from existing tab to Custom tab using FPM_OIF_COMPONENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Using FPM, I have developed WDA application and assigned to Component FPM_OIF_COMPONENT. Created Application Configuration and Component Configuration. Finally, added this Custom WDA to portal in a new tab. But, the data on this custom WDA UI should come based on the Key field (Project ID) which is present on the existing (Standard ) tab. Can you please help me out as how to fetch this KEY field on the custom WDA to fill other related data.

Thanks and Regards,

Sumesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if i understand you.

You say Portal, tab page and adding fpm application in one of the tab ? How did you do that ?

Do you mean that 2 different iViews in a page ?

If your custom FPM application does not have any knowledge of the other applications in a TAB then you have to rely on Portal eventing to pass the data between these applications.

If you have added Your UIBB in a existing TAB in the configuration then you could work around this in override method or process-event method.

Your application architecture is not clear ,so i stop guessing here and let you explain in more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

Yes. I have added mu UIBB in existing TAB in Config. My FPM application has all cutom fields from cutom tables. When I save the Application data it should be stored in Custom table and display when project already existing. Say my Custom table are having 4 fields e.g. key , fld1 , fld2, fld3. key field is coming from Standard table and rest fld1 to fld3 from Custom table. How data communication can be done here between Standard application data and my custom FPA appl data. Hope I am able to expalin my Q.

Thanks and Regards,

Sumesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumesh,

I understand that you are trying to integrate your application with existing Standard application. In that case Just adding UIBB alone in the configuration would not be enough .

You need to analyse the current application and see which component function as root component or atleast the component on which your application needs to get the data . You can use a singleton oo class to bridge the gap(data transfer between standard component and yours )

Make sure when your component is pressed, you have the Dependant data is set in singleton class,which you can read it from your custom component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

I found the Standard WDA application. But i don't understand how to take the Key value from standard component to my Custom component.

Thanks and Regards

Sumesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

As i already stated. I am not sure how your application is being build.

One of the way to do is to enhance the standard WDA component and use a ABAP OO singleton class ,static ,public attribute to set the data you needed in your custom component.

In your component, read the data from the same attribute for further processing. Since there is only one session , the singleton class have one copy of the data at a time.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Do you mean that the key comes from first tab and based on the key, the data gets populated in second tab?

You must have used seperate UIBB's in the tab's right(I mean interface windows).?

Why not share the key across all the windows by creating it as an attribute in component controller?

I am not sure if I understood it correctly.

Please clarify if this is not making any sense..

Thanks,

Aditya.