Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resending SOAP messages that failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a SOAP -> XI -> SOAP service.

I receive lots of messages at the same time from the sender webservice, when delivering to the receiver webservice a couple of messages will go into this webservice and some will say to be delivered, and then after a while turn to system error. Is there a way that I can get these messages to resend (or send till successful) because the error it comes back with when not getting into the receiver webservice is - soap fault: SOAP header ReliableMessaging was not understood. The messages should be fine I jsut don't think that the receiver side has a queue that can handle the load.....

Thanks

Clinton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clinton,

in BPM define an exception branch.

In this exception branch there is a send step that sends your origin request again.

In this exception branch e.g. define a WAIT-step.

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario

Thanks for your reply

Can you explain a bit more as i have not worked on the BPM much.

Thanks

Clinton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clinton,

in BPM create a so called BLOCK.

When right mouseclick on the BLOCK you can insert exception branches.

Normally you insert tweo exception branches

a) one that reacts on system errors

b) one that reacts on mapping errors

Now for e.g. if you use a transformation step: Go to the property and determine in which branch the BPM should jump when a mapping error occurs.

Do the same with send steps!

In send step - for example if you get no response from triggering a webService - the BPM should jump in the branch for system errors.

Here - after a wait step - a send step tries again to call your webService.

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mario

Thanks, I will try this.

Thanks

Clinton

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clinton,

define a job with report RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo

Thanks for your reply

The message that I am getting inside the AFW queue (get there with this url - http://sapxi:58000/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI) and the message that i get is this -

2006-08-09 11:10:47 Success SOAP: request message entering the adapter

2006-08-09 11:10:47 Success SOAP: completed the processing

2006-08-09 11:10:49 Success The message was successfully received by the messaging system. Profile: XI URL: http://sapdxi:58200/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI

2006-08-09 11:10:49 Success Using connection AFW. Trying to put the message into the receive queue.

2006-08-09 11:10:49 Success Message successfully put into the queue.

This message is inside the Message Monitor with <b>To be delivered</b> status.

Is there a way to not just let the message be put into the queue but let it send to the the webservice.

Thanks

Clinton

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clinton,

depending on the error, which you got, you can configure serveral mechanism to restart queues automaticly. One is a job with report RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES. Configuration of QIN Scheduler in transaction SMQR is another one.

Have a look to <a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically : How to Re-Process failed XI Messages Automatically</a>

and <a href="/people/sap.india5/blog/2006/01/03/xi-asynchronous-message-processing-understanding-xi-queues-part-i">XI Asynchronous Message Processing: Understanding XI Queues -Part I</a>

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo

It is just a bit worrying to me that the messages is stopping at the queue and not posting to the 3rd party receiving system. As you can see from the my message above the status inside the <b>To be delivered</b> message is succesful.

It has never stopped on this, it started happening since yesterday... it use to deliver to the receiving system or come back with an error...

Thanks

Clinton

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clinton,

you need to read the weblogs (i posted the links) to understand queue handling. Assumedly the messages stuck in the queue because of a former error. You can configure the queue in the way you need it or you can restart or delete the failed message but first read the documents.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo

Thanks for your answer

The <b>To be delivered</b> status that I am getting is on the Adapter Engine so it is now a checked flag in SXMB_MONI, I see that Naveen is resending messages that has errors, but I think that this is not an error I am getting on sending to the Receiver System, but an error within XI. I have read some blogs where the guys say that I should delete these messages and restart the XI box. I have done this, but it gives the same error, if I may call it an error, cause accoring to XI it is still successful, cause it has given it to the queue (as int he above error i pasted).... Is there a place where I can check to see if the queue has a porblem, because SMQ1,SMQ2, and SMQR has no error as it is on the Integration Engine(i think).

Thanks for your help

Clinton

I am really struggling with this, I hope that there is some error or setting that i can checkc or fix.