cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alert message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all;

While trigerring an alert from BPM is it necessary to select Dynamic Text in ALRTCATDEF .

Can we use the container variables defined by us in ALRTCATDEF as part of alert message in BPM.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

You will be able to trigger alerts in BPM, with container variable-values defined in ALRTCATDEF, only by checking the dynamic text option in ALRTCATDEF and by defining a simple type variable in the the BPM.

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all;

thanx for your replies

i defined container variable in ALRTCATDEF as SXMS_ERROR_CAT and defined the message of the alert in BPM control step as &SXMS_ERROR_CAT&.

Alert is getting trigerred with <b>< SXMS_ERROR_CAT not found></b> this message.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mudit,

Did you deinfe a Simple Container Variable in your BPM as SXMS_ERROR_CAT and did you initialize the value using a container operation before the Alert Message is triggered in the BPM?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

No i did not define this SXMS_ERROR_CAT in my BPM but in ALRTCATDEF and want to use this in my BPM.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mduit,

Take a look at Michal's blog . He has used a variable called DOCNUMBER . In a Container Step, he is assigning a value to that DOCNUMBER.

Like wise, you need to define a container elelment in your BPM , initlialize it in your CONTAINSER step and then in the CONTROL step, you can use this varable using & & along with the Dynamic text.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mudit,

If you want the container elements to be filled by values by default like it happens in normal Alerts , then it cant be done.

All values you want to pass to the Alert has to come from the BPM. Define any container elelment , assign it a value using a container peration and then use it in the control step --> text .

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for your reply bhavesh.

From this discussion i got two points cleared.

1 If trigerring alerts from BPM we have to use dynamic text box checked

2 When using BPM all alert message values should come from BPM .

am i correct??

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mudit,

> From this discussion i got two points cleared.

> 1 If trigerring alerts from BPM we have to use

> dynamic text box checked

> 2 When using BPM all alert message values should come

> from BPM .

> am i correct??

Yes you are correct. Just use Michal's blog as a templater and go ahead.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

Although you cannot use the container variables while trigerring alerts from the BPM, you can always <b>assign "context objects"</b> to the simple type container element that you have defined in the BPM(to capture the alert being raised). These context objects are actually a way of <b>accessing a particular field of the message.</b> Therefore, you can capture variables like SNDPRN, MESTYP, etc from the payload of an Idoc...for which you would''ve probably used variables like SXMS_FROM_PARTY,SXMS_TO_NAMESPACE, etc. You can even create your own context objects.

For more, go through the following documentation:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/1b9259fb002be8e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Here, read in detail about container operation->using the expression editor->context objects.

Regards,

Sushumna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mudit, yes, you need to select Dynamic Text in ALRTCATDEF for your Alerts in BPM.

Take a look at this blog,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

Regards,

Bhavesh