cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INVOICE01 IDOC from same external company with more than 1 vendor number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently setting up and interface through XI where we pick up the 810 EDI document and map it to an INVOICE01 IDOC for processing in SAP. The vendor sending the 810 has more than one vendor number with us and which is causing the issue here. Currently in the Party I have set up the Identifiers as with the scheme being ALE#LI#LF and the Name containing one of the vendor numbers. This works great if there is only one vendor number but we have multiple coming in.

Does anyone know how would I set up my Party to receive more than 1 vendor number successfully?

Thanks

Anthony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

martin_dejl2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

I don't understand what do you mean with "more than 1 vendor number". In valid IDOC you can have only one EDI_DC40-SNDPRN element. I've just checked XSD structure of INVOIC01 and occurence of IDOC element is there 1..1. So if you are using imported XSD from receiver ECC, you also should not create more then one IDOC elements in mapping.

Can you please explain more specific what exactly you are trying to do? It's not clear and therefore we cannot help you at the moment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The EDI comes in with just the one Vendor number but the EDI can come from multiple vendors (1 vendor per message).

The issue is that I have set up the Identifiers as with the scheme being ALE#LI#LF and the Name containing one of the vendor numbers, if this vendor sends the EDI through then the process works fine as this vendor number is used but if it comes from a different vendor number, it is picking up the one I defined as above, so the wrong vendor number.

I'm trying to figure out a way to be able to update this value based on the vendor in the EDI.

I hope this clarifies it a bit better.

Thanks

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anthony,

I know its a pretty old thread... but i was wondering if you were able to get this resolved? We are in a similar situation with same LI vendor mapped but need another mapping for individual vendors on inbound invoice IDOCs - EDI 810 process. Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Thanks,

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you have your mapping degined in such a way that it maps the Idoc control record with different vendor number based on some EDI Identifier, in conjunction with "Apply control record values from payload" option in idoc adapter?

best Regards,

Ravi