Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defect recording for inspection point

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Masters,

Is there any easy way of Defect Recording for inspection points?

I checked options like QF01 to QF03 as well as QF11, QF21 and QF31 but all transactions are not considering inspection point.

And to use QE51N or QA32 or QE71 is too cumbersome as then we have to first go into result recording and then defect recording. Even if try to do defect recording directly w/o going for result recording then system doesnu2019t considers inspection point and records defects against inspection lot only.

So, please guide me if there is any user exit or workaround to record defects with reference to inspection points.

Thanks and regards,

Devang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP considers the inspection point when you record the defect against result.

You can find the node number (PNLKN), sample number (PROBENR) and characteristic number (MERKNR) from QMFE table.

And you can find the inspection point value (PPSORTKEY) from QAPP table using node number and sample number.

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found may times that wherever & whenever you use the inspection points ( like in sample management) defect recording is only possible through the Result recording.

As per your requirement \to record defects with reference to inspection points is not even possible through User Exit or Badi

Ultimately system consider the lot level only

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks all for your reply.

It would be great help if you masters can comment on my following queries:

1) Will it be good idea to develop Z screen and in background use call transaction for result recording with reference to inspection point and do defect recording.

2) Is it possible to record defect type and no. of defects for every MIC in inspection lot (w/o inspection point).

Please do replay with your suggestions.

Thanks and regards,

Devang

Edited by: Devang Shah on Apr 24, 2011 3:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In standard SAP defect recording levels are Inspection lot, operation or MIC.

Recording defect at Inspection point level is not standard.

But you can manually create QN type Q3 and link it inspection lot