Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

MSS - Manager unable to see employee's absences on team calendar

Hello Experts,

I have a manager (SA) that logs into the SAP portal, navigates to the Manager Self Service tab to view his team calendar. He is able to see all his employee's name on the team calendar, however the employee's absences (IT 2001) are not showing up. This manager (SA) has the same security roles as many other managers that are able to see thier employee's absence on their team calendars. I have confirmed that his employees have entered leave requests and are present on their IT 2001, viewable through PA20. I'm out of ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem. Security tells me it's not a security issue and SAP support tells me it's a configuation issue, however based on configuration, nothing looks wrong, else all manager in the rule group would have this problem. What am I missing? Am I making bad assumptions on what the MSS team calendar is looking at to pull the absences through to display?

- Does the MSS team calendar look at the employee's IT 2001?

- If yes, what controls the ability of the manager to see that information?

- If no, what is the team calendar looking at to determine where to mark the absence on the calendar?

- Do we need to specify access to IT 2001 in our MSS role? If yes, then I can't explain why other managers with the same roles can see their employee's absences.

I'm out of ideas on what to look at...any suggestions?

Garrett

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question