cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing not to enable a backend connection with the SAP.NET 3.0 Connector.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

At our organisation,we are not required to create an abap connection to the backend system,so could you please tell me what options we have as a result?

All help is appreciated

PAPJ1

Edited by: PAPJ1 on Apr 20, 2011 6:24 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you are not allowed or willing to interoperate from .NET to SAP by directly invoking ABAP function modules. (a wise decision I think, although it depends on the amount and characteristics of the interop).

A standards based approach is to implement the interoperability layer via services; you have multiple options there:

• Expose BAPI function modules as BAPI webservices, consume them via WCF in .NET front-end

• Expose BAPI function modules as BAPI webservices, implement a service layer in .NET to consume these SAP services and transform / map them onto WCF services, consume the WCF services in .NET front-end

• Use WCF LOB Adapter SDK to directly invoke from a .NET context, the SAP function modules or RFCs

• expose SAP functionalities as SAP Enterprise Services; and consume these via WCF in .NET context

• use integration products for the interoperability aspects: Duet Enterprise from SAP and Microsoft, Sitrion, ERP-Link, ...

On my blog ( [http://williamvanstrien.blogspot.com] ) you can find more info and links.

Best regards, William.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks William,I have awarded points.I think this is a good start at this point.

If I need any more info,I will get back to you.

PAPJ1

Answers (0)