cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO e-mail sender e-mail ID is not correct in SOST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Issue - When PO sent out through e-mail, SOST shows incorrect sender user name. Although e-mail ID is correct. Incorrect user name and correct user name (which we are expecting) has same e-mail ID in user master. Checked and found that these two users are not linked at all except they have the same e-mail ID. Is this issue with SOST or Output Program?

Thanks,

Sagar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What user ID is running the output program or RSNAST00? How are the emails being created, i.e., is the sender ID being specified using CL_BCS or is it being picked up by default from the user ID?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

We are using the class CL_BCS for setting the sender ID.

The class we are using for sending the Sender Email id is :

lo_sender = cl_cam_address_bcs=>create_internet_address( wa_smtp-e_mail ).

Also....

We don't have release strategy for PO. I am expecting name of the PO creater in SOST but I am getting the name of the user which is not at all related to that PO. Only similarites that they both have same e-mail ID.

E-mail sent out with sender as

First Name Last Name <e-mail ID>

Here first name and last name is coming of another user which is not related to the PO. As e-mail Id for both the users are same, we are fine for e-mail but name is not correct. Is this happening because of the commmon e-mail ID or some SOST settings?

Thanks,

Sagar

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It sounds like you are experiencing side effects of some of the OSS notes that exist for improper address searches. You may want to review them for the sender method. Otherwise, just use the cl_sapuser_bcs=>create method to force the correct user ID for the sender OR use the I_ADDRESS_NAME parameter for the cl_cam_address_bcs=>create_internet_address. The description says 'obsolete' for the parameter but it's in use in versions later than 7.0.