cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendars and durations in GATP transportation and shipment scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Folks.

I have a business scenario with scheduling in GATP, and I'm having some trouble, 'cause the system response is different from what was configured. Probably I'm doing something wrong.

There are 3 requirements:

1) Plant will post good issue according to different calendars, depending on the route, or on the route for a certain customer. Examples: (a) for route 000021, plant delivers from mondays to fridays; (b) for route 000025, plant delivers only on day 15 of a month; (c) for route 000025 and customer 103105, plant delivers every tuesday.

2) There's a transit time for each route.

3) Customers will receive material only on calendar workdays, i.e., from mondays to fridays, except on holidays.

Configuration was made using CPS (Configurable Process Scheduling), schema SCHEDL_SDD. One activity was assigned for each requirement:

1) LOAD (Load), with the use CA-Calendar, for requirement 1

2) TRAN (Transport), with the use DU-Duration, for requirement 2

3) UNLD (Unload), with the use CA-Calendar, for requirement 3

For the 3 activities, access sequences are OK. All the conditions are correctly found and data is determined. The problem is with the calculations made, because, from what I could notice, combination of restrictions in two different calendars won't give me the expected results. UNLD calendar seems to be "stronger", and LOAD calendar is not obeyed.

Any ideas? I hope you people could help me with this.

Tks in advance.

Freire

Edited by: Alexandre Freire on Apr 20, 2011 4:08 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alexandre

I'm guessing that you are facing these issues because when using CPS, each element of the schema is used for the scheduling calculation - even if you have not specified master data for the element.

I suggest that you specify a calendar for the TRAN activity (same as the calendar used for LOAD). if you dont, system assumes the shipping calendar assigned to the location maste.

Also, look at the CPS scheduling log - it will tell you the calendar used by every activity. If you have other activities in the schema (other than LOAD, TRAN, UNLD), ensure you have calendar determination for all of them. You dont need to maintain condition tables for these - just use the same determination procedure.

Rishi Menon