cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRTs in PPDS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

can anyone tell me how to populate the Capacity Reqmts field in the PPDS PDS (activity>mode>capreq, field CAPORG)?

Is there any documentation on use of PRTs in APO?

thanks a lot,

Pablo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The capacity requirement of an activity describes how much of the productive time and the capacity of a resource is required to process the activity and is determined through the net duration and the corresponding resource consumption of the activity.

The system calculates the net duration, the resource consumption and thus the capacity requirements of an activity as follows.

Duration of the activity:

The duration of an activity is the working time that a resource needs to carry out the activity and is calculated as follows

Duration of activity = fixed duration + (variable duration x order quantity/output quantity)

Resource consumption:

The resource consumption of an activity is the capacity of the resource that is necessary to carry out the activity and is calculated as follows

Resource consumption =

fixed consumption + (variable consumption x order quantity/output quantity)

These calculations are based on the formulas defined in the workcentre in the capacity tab page and scheduling tab page for each capacity category.

Ex setup formula and processing formula and other formulas.

Thanks.

nandha

·

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I understand the logic of capacity requirements in APO. What I am trying to do is to try to map PRTs in ECC (in a routing) to PDS and capacity planning in PPDS.

So far I have only found the link pointed out by Santosh and the apparently specific field in PDS to which I was referring (capacity requirements CAPORG field in the capacity requirements tab, which gets never populated in my tests (equipment-type PRTs).

The help available in the PDS CAPORG field states the following:

-

Capacity requierments.

Specifies the amount of time or number of production resources required to carry out the mode of an activity.

Use

This entry is used to calculate capacity requirements.

Example

You have specified the primary resource (such as worker or machine) on the Mode detail screen. In addition, you wish to assign a production resource/tool, which is necessary for capacity planning in the SAP APO, to the mode. In this case, you create a production resource of type 'operating facility' and assign it to the mode. In capacity requirements, you enter "1 piece."

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As saurabh mentioned it works only with IS-Mill solution.

Alternative to this could be you can model it as parallel sequence in ECC instead of PRT which will reflect activity with start-start relationship in APO.

Regards,

Santosh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

James,

I know this is a very old thread but just trying out my luck. Were you able to utilize PRT in PP/DS PDS or used an alternate method to achieve this?

Thanks

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please note that the PRT can not be integrated with APO for PPM,PDS .The online link refers to the ISMill solution.

As an alternative ,you can model the tool as a secondary resource ,but this will not be a calendar resource & secondary resource can not be finitely scheduled. Livecache checks for the primary resource for scehduling.

Rgs - Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For use of PRT in APO you need to define virtual workcenter with category PRT.

For details refer to link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_di471/helpdata/en/b2/05173d3215cc40e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your answer,

I already tried that, but coudn't find category PRT while creating the workcenter with CR01 nor any link to it inside customizing of existing categories (OP40).

Could you please elaborate?

thanks a lot,

Pablo Tortosa

PD. Besides, I am working with routings, does it make any difference?