cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping, digital signature and storage of sales invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For customeru2019s that have requested us to send them electronic invoices, we currently generate idocs from our R/3 system. Idocs are transferred to an external provider's software that maps the idocs into standard formats as INVOIC_D93_A (the requested format depends on the customer) and adds a digital signature to the files. In that way, customer can verify authenticity of origin and integrity of contents.

Currently we are still in 4.6C release, but we will migrate into SAP ECC 6.00. We would like to integrate in Sap the whole EDI process (mapping of files into format requested by the customer, setting digital signature, transferring of files to the customer using the requested protocol, and storage of invoices during the legal period).

I have checked in Sap forums but Sap possibilities are not enough clear for me. According to what I have found, we would need to have NetWeaver platform as it provides Secure Store & Forward (SSF) mechanisms. I have also found procedures about signing pdfu2019s, but nothing about signing standard formats for flat files (invoic, xmlu2026).

My main Main questions are:

1 - Sap software: In addition to SAP NetWeaver PI , which additional components are necessary for covering the EDI process?

2 - Mapping of files: Can Sap convert idocs into different standard formats depending on the customer? All international standard formats are covered? For example: INVOIC_D93_A. Signed pdf by mail is also covered?

3 - Transfer of files: Can Sap transfer the files to the customeru2019s systems by different protocols? Normally the transfer protocol is defined by the customer. Or transfer of files must be done since our network, outside sap?

4 - Storage of the files during the legally mandatory period: Is Sap able of storing invoices in the application server or do we need additional software?

If someone has experience or knowledge in covering the whole EDI process whithin Sap, any comment would be very appreciated

Thanks and best regards,

Nacho

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 - Sap software: In addition to SAP NetWeaver PI , which additional components are necessary for covering the EDI process?

In SAP you need to set up the partner profile (WE20), Condition Records (VV31), Idoctypes config (WE81, WE82), process code (WE41). Config the output determination: (Nacu) for appl V3 and e.g outputtype RD00 (partner function edi). Those are the main ones.

2 - Mapping of files: Can Sap convert idocs into different standard formats depending on the customer? All international standard formats are covered? For example: INVOIC_D93_A. Signed pdf by mail is also covered?

The idocs are typically converted to the different standards in SAP PI. Mail output you can configure in SAP itself..

3 - Transfer of files: Can Sap transfer the files to the customeru2019s systems by different protocols? Normally the transfer protocol is defined by the customer. Or transfer of files must be done since our network, outside sap?

Yes SAP PI does the transfering, as er PI configuration.

4 - Storage of the files during the legally mandatory period: Is Sap able of storing invoices in the application server or do we need additional software?

Several options are possible, inside and outside sap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alice,

Many thanks for your useful answer. All additional configuration (WE20, WE81...) is done in our system as we already issue idocs for our billing documents. These idocs reach and external provider platform, and the mapping, signing, storage of files and transfer to the customer's system, is currently done by an external provider.

Our main doubt is if that's worthy to make the effort of integrating all this process in SAP. According to what I have seen in forums it seems that majority of companies do this process throught and external provider.

I haven't found a list of standard formats to which Sap Netweaver PI is able of converting the invoices. Does it exist this list in any sap document? Or maybe PI is so a flexible tool that you can configure any file type?

Many thanks,

Nacho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nacho, what did you choose to do in the end?

grant_langford
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I'm no expert however we do EDI Invoices with only SAP / PI

1. PI can do all the mapping, based on criteria

2. Has a variety of output types. XML, Tab delimited etc

3. Can send files via different methods (FTP)

4. PI Can archive processed files on a file system (don't think it ever deletes once it puts onto a file system)