cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms or Adobe forms for Remuneration statements

0 Kudos

We need to rewrite our Remuneration statements to include additional information. Our original remuneration statements were written in SAP Script and since this is old technology we are going to rewrite with something newer. Our customers are saying to rewrite with SMARTFORMS, which I believe replaced SAP Script several years ago. However, now I'm not sure if that is old technology as well and it should be designed in adobe using the adobe lifecycle designer tool. Either way we need to bring in resources to get the right area of expertise, I just want to make sure we are not developing in something that is already old news. Can someone please advise if Smartforms still the best way to go when designing remuneration statements.

Thanks for your help.

Pam Laverty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pam Laverty,

You can use any one from SMARTFORM or Adobe form. Both have their own advantages. For adobe forms your cleint have to establish different setup and license would be required to use them. But for SMARTFORM SAP will work without any extra cost.

On the other hand Adobe forms are easier to design and handle once ADS and other required things are working. Also, Adobe forms are latest from SAP in this area but still SMARTFORMs are better if compared with the cost associated.

so it all depends on your client whther he can spend on Adobe or is ok with SMARTFOMRS.

One important thing is that SAP didn't introduced Adobe forms to replace SMARTFORMS. Its just an enhanced technology which can be applied in more areas.

Hope it will clear your doubt.

Regards,

Vaibhav