cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCD Content missing after cleanup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working at a customer where they cleaned up their PCD content a while ago. Basically they created a new main structure under ''portal_content' and restructured everything in here. They use a customized portal desktop that contains their own look and feel. This is assigned via the Portal Rule collection and everything is working fine.

However, there are a few users that receive an error message as soon as they login, when they refresh the page it is working fine. When you look in the log files you see the following messages very regularly:

[EXCEPTION]

com.sapportals.portal.prt.runtime.PortalRuntimeException: iView not found: pcd:portal_content/abcde/group/layout/abcde_portal_desktop/frameworkPages/abcde_default_frameworkpage/com.sap.portal.innerpage

this one is pointing to the old location, which indeed does not exist anymore. But does anyone know how to find out what is refering to the old location? I also thought about a caching problem, however, the portal was restarted already multiple times in meantime so I doubt that as well.

Although the end users that get the error only need to refresh once it is still an annoying problem, any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Nico...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Nico,

Hope you are doing good.

Just try the below:

1)

Try the PCD inspector. this should help you administer and make the necessary changed in the PCD.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/de/47/a4a442dc030e31e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

and

[https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-113769]

2)

Also try the below note. This will sync the DB data with the FS from scratch and should solve this as well:

1539483 - J2EE server/applications affected due to file system corruption

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS