cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows with SQL Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are going to install windows with ms sql server,whats the diffrence between installing sap on local installation and domain installation.I studied installation guides iam bit confused,guide me for the same.

Thanku

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please seach SDN.

Regards,

Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

-If the SAP system is to be distributed across more than one machine in the domain, it is recommend a domain installation. If the SAP system is to run on a single machine, you can perform a local installation.

How ever It is recommended DB to be on the same system, if it is local installation(check above). The problems with the different system are access to DB(user authentication), for example If you want to install all (EP/PI) with DB on a single box, all can share the same DB.

Installation without access to the Domain simply means that your <SID>adm users are now local to the respective machines.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

George

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We are going to install windows with ms sql server,whats the diffrence between installing sap on local installation and domain installation.I studied installation guides iam bit confused,guide me for the same.

If you want to (later) connect e. g. a portal to the system and you want to implement SSO this will only work in a domain installation.

If possible always install in a domain, local installations are deprecated.

Markus