cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection for pipeline materials with inspection type 89

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am having a requirement to inspect the pipeline materials.

I am thinking to use inspection type 89 for this.

Is it OK? Or should I change to some other type.

If it's 89 then what are the basic settings required for this?

Because I have created one inspection lot for 89 but I am not able to do RR as it gives me an error Characteristic results cannot be recorded for inspection lot XXXXXXXXXXXX. Do I need to maintain material specifications for this?

Please reply.

Mimiri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to do manual Inspection then 89 is fine.

For this you only need to active this inspection type in QM view that's it.........

Now about your error....

It may come due to

1.You have not ticked on "Check char in QM view inspection type 89.

2.If you have ticked then you have status CRTD for this inspection lot.

Make sure that you create Task list with prior date to that of inspection lot & attach the task list using QA02 --->inspection specification.

Status of the lot should be REL

If you have task list then do not need to create the Material specs !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sujit,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Yes I have maintained isnpection type 89 in the material master.

I have created inspection lot for the material. The status ius REL only still I am getting an error for this.

I guess ithe reason could be, it doesn't have inspection plan or material specificatios.

What is the best way to conduct the RR to have inspection plan or material specifications?

Mimiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess ithe reason could be, it doesn't have inspection plan or material specificatios.

Yes it simply means that you have not used inspection plan ( not ticked on inspection plan in inspection type)

What is the best way to conduct the RR to have inspection plan or material specifications?

There is no best way ....each on has his own advantages like

Inspection plan can be used when you want to define plan at plant level

whereas material specs created for one material can be used in all plants where that material is extended.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sujit/ Lokesh,

Thanks

Mimiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

If you dont have any trigger point to trigger Insection lot, then go with Inspection type 89. Craete Inspection plan with usage 5 and assign MIC's to plan. Also check QM view in material master (89) for activation of Insp with TL and Check chars tab key.

Goto QA01 --> create inspection lot manually.