cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyrillic characters work in 1 Smartform but not another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I am outputting smartforms from SRM 5 and the purchace order is fine in all characters.

The shopping cart smartform looks very similar, I can not see anything that would make it different, but Cyrillic characters are turning into #.

I am outputting both forms as the same user with the same printer. Greek works fine on both forms.

Does anyone have any idea what is making 1 form go wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Dave.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Thank you both for your answers.

I have got a bit further now, it turns out that it is something to do with how the forms are turned into PDFs.

The 2 forms are the same, but are called a different way.

The form that works is called with MAIL_RECIPIENT filled in and CONTROL_PARAMETERS-DEVICE = MAIL but the form that does not work has blank recipient and device PRINTER.

When I make them the same Cyrillic works.

Do you know where the value of MAIL_RECIPIENT-OBJKEY comes from though? I need to work that out to fix the issue.

Regards,

Dave.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

When you have CONTROL_PARAMETERS-DEVICE = MAIL, generally the device type used is the one defined in SCOT -> Settings -> Device type for Format Conversion(there is a device type set for each language).

If CONTROL_PARAMETERS-DEVICE = PRINTER is set then OTF data is returned from the smartform function module and then I guss function module CONVERT_OTF or similar is called to convert the OTF data to PDF.

However, it is still the output device passed from your appliation in the parameter OUTPUT_OPTIONS-TDDEST or the device type in parameter OUTPUT_OPTIONS-TDPRINTER that is important. Can you check this imn the debugger?

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I tried this yesterday but it did not work, but today it does. I am now changing it in a different place, I must have done it in the wrong place yesterday.

Switching to PDFUC fixed it.

Regards,

Dave.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I am not familar with the application but possible you display the form as a PDF. This is usually related to the device type used. If you have a uncode system, you should use a device type like SWINCF or PDFUC(see note #999712)

Whether printing or converting to PDF, when your application calls the smartform function module, the parameter USER_SETTINGS should be empty and the parameter OUTPUT_OPTIONS-TDDEST should be filled with a correct output device.

Regards,

Aidan

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Check the font used in the SF. Cyrillic characters are supported by specific fonts viz., COURCYR, HELVCYR, TIMECYR.

BR,

Suhas