Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen refresh problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am not getting the latest values form the webdynpro iview,

I have 2 views in a viewset. If I put some searc input values in one view, I can see search result in another view.

I want to put an error check that if all input fields are empty, then show error message that provide at least one field value.

When I try first time, my logic is working.

without refreshing the screen, when I remove all the input field values, I am not able to see teh same error message which says provide at least one input field value.

please advise, what wrong with it?

whay Its not refreshing as empty value, instead of it, it refers to last entered value when I put no value.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need more information to know what the problem is:

1. Where are you doing the validation checks? I mean, in which method / hook?

2. If you just clear the inputfields, unless you have a handler for 'onChange' action of inputfields, no server roundtrip occurs. In Web Dynpro, no validation checks are done on the clientside. So, after clearing the contents of the inputfield, do you somehow trigger the server roundtrip?

3. You have written that this works for the first time. Do you mean to say as soon as the application is loaded and before the first server roundtrip? If so, is this the desired behaviour?

Regards,

Prashanth

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nav, send me your project to rastchinskym AT gmail DOT com and I will take a look.

Seems like all your threads are about the same problem:

Please, avoid such approach.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim, Thanks a lott.

yeah, almost looks same tyep of problem but differs little bit as one was because of error message, one because fo field refreshing.

I got it how to do

Thanks!

when we use ReportException and navigation as false, then fireEvent is not failed..

this point I learned from my error experience.

Thansk for asking teh project for helping me.Its apreciable.