cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM staging method (WM-PP interface)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am very confused of the following two staging methods, and am wondering if you can give me some real life example in production using the following staging method:

'1': Pick parts

These materials are picked according to the required quantity specified in the production order.

Question: An example in PP which have to use this kind of staging method?

'3': Release order parts

Release order parts are scheduled individually and the quantities are supplied manually to replenishment storage bins based on the requirements of production orders and the stock levels in the scheduled production supply areas.

Question: An example in PP which have to use this kind of staging method?

Thanks.

tuff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

here is a life-like example how to use them both in a factory, where two main production steps are exist: moulding and assembly.

We use supply area 001 for moulding u2013 where there is only one fixed bin exist for production staging u2013 storage type 100 / bin Granulates u2013 material control cycle is set for this destination with staging indicator u201C3u201D. Here we use MF60 for material staging (summ for a period), and all requested granulates will be transferred to this very one bin (Granulates), all material movement u2013 related to moulding prod order takes place here.

We use supply are 002 for assembly u2013 where dynamic bins are created for each production order u2013 storage type 100 / bin u2013 dynamic u2013 material control cycle ( as default for the whole supply area) is set for this destination with staging indicator u201C1u201D. Here we use LP10 for material staging order by order, and requested components goes to prod. ord dynamic bins, and material movements related to assembly are operating on dynamic bin.

This is only an example u2013 not explaining a proper and only use of this indicator u2013 which actually works according to the need.

I hope this will help You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You stage materials using release order parts primarily for repetitive manufacturing, because this generally works without any reference to an order.

In the standard system, you always request release order parts manually if you determine in production that a production storage bin for a release order part is almost empty.

Where as in pick part you ensure material staging from the warehouse to production, based purely on the production order. You stage the quantity of the material requested in the production order with a direct reference to the production order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks for the feedback. However, may I know the following WM staging method which I left out on my previous question?

Crate Parts.

What is crate parts material staging method? and

What is the configuration require? and

What is the business transaction process in SAP to process crate part staging?

Thanks again.

tuffy