cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing - Discount:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

I have one scenario at my client and i don't know how to go forwrd about it, could you please through some light please:

Business wants to have control on the total upper limit of the discount. Eg: A customer is entitle to have discount of Rs.25000/-, this should be given against each billed quantity, system shouldn't exceed the entitled amount, meaning whenever there is discount to this customer through one particular condition type, system should calculate and it should avoid exceeding the limit.

Coudl you please expedite.

Regards,

Skumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SKumar,

As you are thinking, create a discount condition type say ZDSM, there in Manual entries: D-Not possible to process manually. Add the Discount cond type to the discounts area in your pricing procedure with requirement 2 and based on the Price (In From column give the number of your price row)

Then maintain the upper and lower limits for this condition type, say lower as 0 and upper as 25000.

Then value of discount will range between 0-25000.

Hope that assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laxmi / JP,

No, you didn't get the meaning.

I am trying for the cumulative discount value for the particular customer.

Eg: Company gave X customer a rebate / discount which was accrued in the G/L, now company wants to disburse the discount to that particular customer but on some company's terms and conditions (non SAP term).

The condition is, the discount will be given whenever he purchases a particular set of Items. Those puchases can be made in multiple or one order. If customer buys in single order there is no issue with the system fuctionality, we can control though as you explained in your reply (by giving upper limits you can control).

But if customer wants to buy those items in multiple orders, how system will keep track of discounts and controls if he exceed the discount limit?

Is there any standard funcitonality?

Thank you for your time.

skumar

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sushil,

One way to control that is rebate functionality based on value, which you are already aware of.

Other way can be from customization by way of Requirement used in Sales order. Take assistance of ABAPer for the same.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

JP,

Rebates are suitable for this scenario but we need to create rebate agreeement for each customer and each scenario, which is very time consuming and long. Instead if we make possible this within the normal OTC, that will save user's time.

SKumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But if customer wants to buy those items in multiple orders, 
       how system will keep track of discounts

For this, you need to go for a zee table where you need to consider field FKIMG from VBRP table to get the cumulative quantity. Besides this, you can also have fields for percentage of discount, customer code etc. depending upon the requirement.

As and when a billing document is generated, with an exit, system should update the above zee table. Based on this zee table, the requirement can be met.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi,

Thank you for the very useful information, let me get back to you after consulting my ABAPER.

SKumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure whether this is applicable order wise or it is the overall limit. Nevertheless, you can try in OVB2

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi