cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract data from ECC to Oracle using Data Services 4.0

0 Kudos

How to extract data from ecc6.0 Business content extractors to oracle using sap bo data services 4.0

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dennis_scoville4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you trying to use the SAP BW Business Content to extract data out of ECC and load into Oracle tables with Data Services? If that's the case, then you cannot do that. The SAP BW Business Content was developed to only be used in conjunction with SAP BW. When using Data Services to access the extractors in ECC, it has to have an SAP BW InfoPackage associated with it to execute. In this architecture, Data Services is only a pass through from ECC to BW and allows the ability to do some transformations of data prior to loading into the EDW layer (staging tables basically) on SAP BW.

To connect ECC to Oracle, you're going to have to have all of the SAP BusinessObjects supplied Function Modules loaded onto ECC, along with a non-dialog logon account that has the ability to pass dynamic ABAP programs, generate the programs and schedule them. Depending on how you want to process the output, you may also have to have the ability to write to files on the ECC application servers and have an FTP account created on the application servers that can GET flat files and potentially DELETE them (you're going to need to delete periodically, otherwise your jobs will crash when the file space allocation has been consumed).

0 Kudos

Thanks for your time and concern

I guess that Sap bo data services 4.0 it might be possible to extract data using sap standard extractors.

we can achieve this by using of ODPby using API installed on the erp system.I found this releated informatin from sap note 1522554 and 1521883.with ODP api a new table ROOSATTR containg all the exctractors is created and by using t-code RODPS_OS_EXPOSE we can add customer defined extractors to the above table. I am aware of the procedure but the thing Iam getting confused is about desiging of star schema in oracle.

can you kindly provide me any valuable information regarding desiging of star schema in oracle DWH which suits our

bw infocube.