Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price in PO when a product category contract is used as a SOS

preeti_negi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

I have two different scenarios & I need clarification regarding the correct functionality out of the two :-

1. SC in SOCO with Net Price = 10. Click on Next button, Click on Propose Sources of supply-> contract menu option, Select contract with product category item ( price = 0) & Finally click on 'Assign & create Draft PO'. Disply the created PO.

The Price for the PO is 10.

2. SC in SOCO with Net Price = 10. Click on Next button. Click on 'Create Draft PO' & edit the selected drafts. Now in PO,

Click on 'Assign source of supply' button & assign the same contract used in Point 1. This time we get the price as '0' in PO with an error

message to enter the price.

These two scenarios are creating the local PO using a contract & should result in same Price.

Please let me know what is the correct functionality.

Thanks for the help,

Regards,

Preeti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti

I dont have SRM 7.0 system infront of me.

your second step is not clear ...

in SRM 5.0 , we first assigned a vendor manually or propose source of supply ( by refering contract) before we click create a PO.

but in your case in SRM 7.0 , you are assigning the vendor very late by refering the contract in the Draft Purchase order.

(System needs to throw error if you dont assign any vendor before you click create Draft PO i.e sc has any vendor or not)

are you assigning the item number too. what is the error you get after you click the create PO . is it backend error and what is the error in RZ20.

you can assign contract manually before create a PO i.e by manually enter a contract and item number or via propose source of supply and buyer can select a desired contract. but i feel you are editing the draft PO details so system confuses.

but if the system allows to edit the PO draft , system should take the price from sc what manually enters by the requester.

Please check with SAP that your second procedure is correct i.e in the draft PO time you assign the contract.

please update their results too..

Implement this note and check Note 1563767 - Performance bad for 'Assign and Create Draft PO' for SC

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

preeti_negi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the inputs Muthu. I shall be creating the note for the customer soon.

Best Regards,

Preeti

preeti_negi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thanks for the reply. As I can see from all your inputs, you got both of my points asked in my question correctly. In SRM 7.0, if we do not assign the vendor in Soco, then it throws the warning message that 'No supplier entered; purchase order will be created in status "Saved"'. Thus we can proceed & create a Draft PO. In PO we can click on Assign SOS & select some contract with Price zero. Now once contract is assigned, the SC price is overwritten in PO & it becomes 'zero'. In internal system we are not getting any error, in customer system though I saw the error to enter price.

Thanks for sharing note 1563767. This tells about the first scenario.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti

Definetly you will get correction note

please raise OSS message SRM-EBP-SOC

but definetly SAP ask you why your BUYER dont assign any source of supply before creating a Purchase order. ( but we can say it is still draft PO).

Muthuraman