cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report not running after moving to new environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Business View designed in a test environment and reports written against that view.

The view has been exported & imported to a production environment, with other views added to that environment.

The report has been copied across & pointed to the correct repository.

On my test environment, the report runs in 2 minutes, in production it takes more than 2 hours when run from any of the Designer, the CMS or Infoview. Volumes of data being read are similar.

Test environment server has less RAM than Production, Production has CRS installed on one server & databases on another.

The only event viewer messages are transport error: invalid object reference, but these occur on both servers on running. There is nothing the any of the CRS log files

What should I be looking for to diagnose the issues? The customer need to run their year end reporting, and is currently unable to do so, as the reports are timing out for their users.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably you could do this. This helps you finding out the issue either because of Prod environment or Prod database.

Use the Test Environment, and update Business Views to use Production database. And check how the report is working.

As you mentioned same volume of data in production, the test environment on prodcution database shouldn't take much time. If it takes, probably you should check the database. If not, you should probably check BO environment.

Regards

Gowtham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gowtham,

Good thought, unfortunately the Production envronment is on my customers site, so that is not an option.

I think the database can be eliminated as the issue, what should I be looking for in the BO environment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I think the database can be eliminated as the issue, what should I be looking for in the BO environment?

But checking the test environment Business View by connectiong to database may give us some good insights.

With respect to BO, I think, the prod environment has all or more capabilities than test environment.

If you are using ODBC connection to connect to Prod database, probably you could enable tracing from BO side and then ODBC side.

That could help us finding is it actually from datbase latency time or BO.

Regards

Gowtham

Former Member
0 Kudos

I backed up the database on production & retored it to my test system. Once I scheduled the LOV, the report and in one minute! So the DB itself is not the issue

My connection type is SQLOLEDB,

How do I enable tracing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The method which you used doesn't finds any info about the production database performance.

Please create a connection directly to production database from test environment and then test it. This confirms prod database performance efficiency.

Regarding tracing, if you use ODBC connection, we can do the tracing.

Here is the tracing method for ODBC connection ( in windows) --- Control panel --> Data sources (odbc) --> Tracing --> define the "Log file path" where the trace log will be stored --> click button "Start Tracing Now". ... This you could do this in the production BO server environment .

Please make sure that, you should stop the tracing option again in the same way. Or else it could slow down the performance.

And I donot know enabling tracing for SQLOLEDB connection.

Regards

Gowtham

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said, there is no connection between the test & production environments, so this cannot be tested.

I will hope someone else can assist with this. It is a SAP Business One environment with a custom data warehouse linked through the repository.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I imported my business views with two custom data access filters. It seems one was fine, the other was not working properly. I deleted a filter, then my report ran fine. I readded the filter, and it is still running...