cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Olap Universe Based on BEx Query - Cascading Prompt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to get two prompts: 1) Division 2) Group. Division has to be selected first and then Group. I understand I have to create cascading prompt. In the universe, in default hierarchy, group stands before before division. I have created a custon hierarchy like: Division, Group. I used Tools -> List of Values ->Create cascading list of values and then selected the right dimensions and then clicked on Generate LOVs. Then I have exported it to the repository. But I cannot see any reflection at the report level. So, some questions came in my mind:

1) Where can I check in the universe whether my cascading prompt has been created or not ?

2) I am using L01 Dimension. But underneath, there are two dimensions called LovDivision and LoVDivisionBase which are in Italic. I believe integration kit creates this. It is the same as Group. So, my question is: Am I selecting the right dimesnsions ? Or, should I select those in Italic.

3) Actually, these two prompts (variables) [along with others] are already created in BEx which I can see in my report. My plan is, if my cascading prompts work, I will tell the BW developer to remove those two. Do you think that these existing prompts are creating any problem.

I would really appreciate your response.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1) Where can I check in the universe whether my cascading prompt has been created or not ?

Have you entered the cascading object in the webi query condition.At the run time it will generate hierarchy in the tree structure.

2) I am using L01 Dimension. But underneath, there are two dimensions called LovDivision and LoVDivisionBase which are in Italic. I believe integration kit creates this. It is the same as Group. So, my question is: Am I selecting the right dimensions ? Or, should I select those in Italic.

correct you are using right objects L01.By mdx driver it will create by default L00 and L01 objects.neglect the Lo00 objects.You can hide them in the universe or go to refresh structure and their is option to replace L00 definition with some other definition.

3) Actually, these two prompts (variables) along with others are already created in BEx which I can see in my report. My plan is, if my cascading prompts work, I will tell the BW developer to remove those two. Do you think that these existing prompts are creating any problem.

By default when you are creating universe based on the mdx drivers it will convert Bex query filters in the universe condition as mandatory filter and applied on the full universe.

You can go to the universe condition and open the condition and unchecked the option from their and after that these will not prompt in the webi query.

Thanks,

Amit

Answers (0)