cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop message processing based on validation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a requirement to stop message processing in the graphical mapping based on validation results. Here is the scenario - messages are translated using graphical mapping and sent to the target system. An RFC lookup will be done to ECC to determine if the data in the message is good. If the lookup returns a negative result, message processing should be stopped right there.

I guess we can throw an exception from the mapping to force a failure and stop further processing, but that will cause the message to show up as failed on SXMB_MONI and cause alert emails to be sent out in PROD. Another option will be to supress creation of the root node itself, but I think the message will then fail in the subsequent "call adapter" step if the target schema has a min occurence of 1 for the root node (as in the case of IDocs).

Is it possible to do it without using BPM?

Thanks,

Michelle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

If your requirement, to stop message processing without sending an alert?

If yes, then you can have a alert rule, not to trigger alerts on a failure (And to raise an exception based on the result from RFC loookup).

If your requirement is not to make the message fail, then you have to go for the ccBPM route.

Best Regards,

Ravikanth Talagana