cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS+ Imported namespace missing

0 Kudos

I have following issue with CTS+ transport imported in ESR.

Using PI 7.1 EPH 1

This is new namespace and interface objects created in D1 (Dev system 1) system.

Generated CTS+ transport with namespace definition and all objects inside. imported successfully to ESR in Q1 (Quality system). All working good.

Same ESR transport imported to D2 (Another development system). However namespace is not appearing under expected software component version.

I checked following things already.

- STMS shows successful status for both ESR and ID transports.

- Transport log in ESR shows successful and showing all objects in details.

- Cache entry is green status.

- Checked all change list. No namespace found.

- Checked conflicts. No conflict found for same swcv

- Tried partial cache refresh.

- Re-import ESR transport, it shown successful in STMS. However as ESR behavior, as it was same version of objects, it did not create new import list (Which is as expected)

- Interesting point - If use object search option, i am seeing all objects which were imported, all in active status.

My questions.

1- Where I can find the imported namespace, if not in expected SWCV

2- Is there any way to re-import forcefully to generate.

3- Any other way to fix this issue.

Anand More

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

1. Create a new version of the missing objects.

in the system from which the export is done to dev system You can create a

new version of the object by doing a dummy change. You can do that by

adding a space (" ") to the description.

2. Execute a fresh export of these objects and import into dev.

Let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

Tulika Bhatt

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I have been faced with same problem. In my case, i am import new namespaces in new Software Component. In quality system this SC does not existed.

Solution this problem:import SC first, after that import namespaces.

Sorry for my bad english. 🙂

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suspect (as you are saying this is another dev system), if new namespaces have been added in this system and it is not exactly the same version as the origin of your transport, this results in conflict at namepaces object level. Delete the software component completely from this system and re-import the transport along with the SWC version too.

VJ

0 Kudos

Hi,

Tulika and VijayaShankar, Thank you for your replies.

I could not resolve mystery of missing namespaces. However found workaround that worked well.

Tulika, I could have done dummy changes and created new transports, that would surely work. But I have not done that becuase I didnt want to put D1 and corresponding QA out of sync. While I could tweak with D2, as it was different Developement path. I simply created new namespaces under swcv. And the moment I activated those, rest of interface objects automatically appeared under that (Strange... !).

VijayaShankar, I don't think transport would have caused any version conflict in D2, because those were totally new namespaces for D2 system.

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand, Nice explonation on SCN even you have resolved the issue.

Thanks,

Venu