cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI & BW integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

would you recommend to write a file from XI and be picked from BW or use a proxty from XI direct to XI

what are the pros ? what exra effort is there to change the current process from file upload to proxy?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

It depends on the scenario. If you want to upload the data from file system to BW <b>thru XI</b>, then you can go for Proxy in the BW side.

what exra effort is there to change the current process from file upload to proxy?</i>

>>>If you have ABAP knowledge to write a code in the proxy method then it will not be a big problem.

But before going for proxy , consider the current process i.e interms of no of interfaces , volume etc.

The advantage of Proxy is , if you want you can make synchronous call, and it communicates natively.

Have a look into this~

/people/kamaljeet.kharbanda/blog/2005/09/16/xi-bi-integration

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udi-

If you are writing a file ,then you cannot control the order of processing(Say multiple files are sent from XI to BW with in a short span of time),but when you use a proxy its controlled automatically. The effort in building a proxy is not much(i mean communication wise)but you need to parse the Interface that is passed to BW and update your cubes,datasources etc.

Thanks

Venkat