cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable "shop on behalf" functionality in BBPSC03 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

We're on SRM server 5.0 SP08. In standard the "shop on behalf" functionality seems to be available in BBPSC01 transaction only. But we would like to go with BBPSC03. Is there a way to activate "shop on behalf" in BBPSC03?

Kind regards,

Renaud

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again

Does somebody have an idea? Template modification necessary? Which one and what sort of code to add and where?

Kind regards,

Renaud

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Instead of using BBPSC03, have you looked at BBPSC01. That t-code is the full functionality screen. Everything is on one screen. One of the fields is the shop on behalf functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monique

Yes, I know about BBPSC01 but it has those (for us) useless 3 empty SC line items. Useless for us because we do not have any SRM product masters. We add all SC items from catalog only.

BBPSC01 relies too much on SRM product masters. E.g. when adding an item from catalog and if no corresponding product master exist in SRM, then field product_id will be empty. Regardless whether or not one can order such SC items, it simply looks ugly on the screen from an enduser point of view.

That's why I'm searching for a way to activate this "shop on behalf" functionality in BBPSC03 transaction.

Any other ideas, suggestions still welcome!

Kind regards,

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are adding all the items from Catalogue only,you can remove the link for "Internal Goods/Services".

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful answers.

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Those 3 empty SC line items are not really related to SRM product masters. We also punchout to catalogs through this full functionality method and those empty lines are then populated with the items selected from the vendor's catalog.

We have a small "Internal Goods/Services" catalog (26 items). But, our users are grateful for this full functionality because of fields that are required for each line item on our system.

We also use those SC line items for "free text" orders (for items where are are not punching out to the vendor).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha

Long time ago and wasn't able to continue on this issue until now. Sorry for this huge delay!

We already had this "Internal Goods/Services" link disabled because we don't have any product masters.

The "issue" we have with those 3 empty line items in BBPSC03 is the fact that the binocular icon is showing up allowing the end users to search for product masters. As we don't have any it is useless for us.

Is there a way to disable this F4 search functionality without modifying the template? However, we still prefer to remove those initially appearing empty line items (and below the button to add more empty line items as well). This would allow us to move from BBPSC01 to BBPSC03 and make use of the "shop on behalf" functionality.

Kind regards,

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>We have faced a similar situation and got rid of it by applying the following code in the BADI Implementation.</u>

<b>Please try out this. This will surely help.</b>

<b>Go to transaction SE18 and type the BADI name -> BBP_F4_READ_ON_EX

then create an implementation of this BADI named as say -> Z_BBP_F4_READ_ON_EX

Inside this BADI, you need to put the following code.</b>

method IF_EX_BBP_F4_READ_ON_EXIT~GET_BOBUSER.
* User should not be able to use the shop on behalf of functionality.
* Delete all other Users from the selection list
  delete et_bobuser_list where username ne sy-uname.
endmethod.

Please reward suitable points.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Monique

Also wanted to say sorry to you for this huge delay in answering. As I already told Disha in my previous post from today I wasn't able to continue in investigating in this issue until now. Please don't ask why... it's a long story.

You're right... those 3 empty line items are not uniquely related to SRM product masters... but besides the product id field is the search binocular icon. Behind this is the F4 search functionality. It offers a search screen for product masters only. This is useless to us because we don't have any product master in SRM.

We only populate line items to SC from our own catalog(s) or from standard / personal templates. In the catalog(s) we host round about 30'000 items. Our end users will not make use of the empty line items to enter free text orders at all.

We'd like to use the shop on behalf functionality of BBPSC01 but need to eliminate those 3 empty line items and the button below allowing to add additional new empty line items. Another approach maybe would be to eliminate the F4 search functionality.

Is this somehow possible without template modifications? If not, is someone able to tell me what piece of template code is to be changed, modified or disabled?

Kind regards,

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

Will give it a try this afternoon and give some feedback. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just for information, please don't forgot to reward points. )))))))

Please mark the question as answered once the problem is resolved.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, here's the feedback:

IMO your code restricts the user selection list one can "shop on behalf" for. But this is not what I was searching for.

We need either to enable the shop on behalf functionality in BBPSC<b>03</b> <b>or</b> to disable the initial 3 emtpy line items and the button allowing to add additional empty line items in BBPSC<b>01</b>. (see previous posts).

Thanks anyway! Would of course appreciate further helpful input from anyone... points waiting to be rewarded

Kind regards,

Renaud

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Renaud,

In a previous SRM40 project, we have disable the manual empty lines to force the user to use the catalog only.

For this a modification of template SAPLBBP_SC_UI_ITS screen 120 was done.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann

Thanks for this one, too! Looks like many things require modifications... will have a look at it tomorrow and give some feedback then.

Kind regards,

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you talk about this requirement, It clearly involves modifications to standard HTML Templates in the internet service BBPSC01. This is main service which controls the shopping cart.

Please confirm with the Team about the feasibility, as well as that they need to take quite care in making modifications and might be in future, these changes will create unpleasent surprises.

Anyways, hope for the best !!

Personally, I will not suggest modification to standard templates. I will get back to you with some better alternative.

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody

Well... our project management decided not to allow this modification. So I'll stop to dig deeper. Thanks anyone for the help and assistance!

Kind regards,

Renaud