cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform issue with page break

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an unusual issue with page break. Here is my scenario, I have a group of items in my table main area and for each group there is sort of header that prints. Similarly there are multiple groups needing a header whenever there is a new group printing. So far it prints fine. But whenever there is a page break and when items from the same group also print on the next page the same header needs to print on the top of next page similar to how the header area repeats on each page. Unfortunately I did not see any page break event for table main area.

Here is an alternative I have tried but having issues: I have created two rows for this group header one printing from header and another printing from main area. Whenever there is a page break the same group header prints as part of the header and on the rest of the page it prints from the main area. But in a particular scenario, there is a new group starting at almost bottom of the page but as there is not enough space left on the same page (page protection) jumps to next page. In this case there are two group headers printed one coming from the preivous page main area and another coming from the next page header. I hope my explanation is clear enough to understand.

Please suggest if there is any basic feature of smartform that I have missed out can solve this issue or if there is another alternative you can think of. I appreciate your responses.

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to solve this issue on my own.

Instead of checking for a page break on header line I am using a flag that is prepopulated in the table. I set this flag whenver a new group of items starts. If the flag is set I print it from the main area and if it is not set I print it from the header. This helped in avoiding the multiple header lines..