Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP: Difference between request types "New Hire" und "New Account"

patrick_weyers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

in the standard configuration of CUP 5.3, the request types "New Hire" and "New Account" have the same actions associated (CREATE_USER and ASSIGN_ROLES).

How do these request types differ? Do they differ at all from a technical point of view or are they basically identical and simply meant as different starting points for differing workflows?

Thanks and regards

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

There are two types of workflows exists ie 1. Automatic trigger workflow(exp: HR Triggers)

2. Manual workflows.

If the Access control is (cup) connected to the HR system and then you can get HR triggers like New hire, Rehire, posistion change etc.. once the required user data maintained in the HR system.

or

if you want to create the cup requests for the user access manually, you can use the New user account, change user account, delimit account request types.

Regards,

Arjuna.

patrick_weyers
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Arjuna.

We are not using HR triggers. I understand that in our case, HR triggers like New hire, rehire, position change etc. are not relevant.

However, even the regular CUP requests types contain both "new account" and "new hire" (not rehire, position change, etc., though!).

These regular CUP requests types ("new account" and "new hire") specifically seem to be identical from my point of view. This is because they are both allocated the same actions.

My question is: Is there any actual difference between the standard CUP request types "new account" and "new hire"? I.e.: Is there any reason to use them both or can I tell the customer to deactivate "new hire" and only use "new account" for any new account that is to be created using CUP?

Thanks again.

Patrick

Answers (0)