cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompts in Universe designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have built a universe on top of Bex Query. I want to create a dummy object in the Universe with dummy values say like A,B,C and make this as a prompt. So when this object is used in the webi it should prompt the user to select the values (A,B,C).

I tried using the @Prompt in the select clause as below

@Prompt('Select Grouping','A',{'A','B','C'},mono,constrained)

However when I parsed it gives me error. But I still went ahead and saved it and tried to use it in webi. But when I run the webi using this it gives me error saying Invalid XML.

So how do I create this dummy object to serve my purpose ?

Why I want to do this ?

I am creating a section variable in webi. Based on what value user selects the report will be sectioned accordingly.

Something similar to dynamic grouping in crystal reports.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems that, the prompt syntax is correct.

But the condition is not correct.

You are taking the prompt value and not doing anything. That could be one issue for this error.

I believe that, you just want to capture the prompt value use it in report level and do not want to apply as a filter.

So, use the condition as follows.

@Prompt('Select Grouping','A',{'A','B','C'},mono,constrained) = @Prompt('Select Grouping','A',{'A','B','C'},mono,constrained)

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for taking time and replying to this post.

Hello Gowtham

I tired your suggestion in the select clause of the object.

When I parse I get an error. However I ignored it and saved the universe. When I used that object in webi I get this error.

The supplied XML is not valid. A=A (WIS10901)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the prompt conditions syntax. Becuase when i verified the existing universes based on BEX queries, the prompt syntax is different for eample <FILTER>CONDITION </FILTER>.

Check out this. I don't have access to those universes now. So I cannot check that. Refer other prompt conditions.

Regards

Gowtham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this link also...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you elaborate on how you are planning to use this dummy variable in WebI. What do you expect should happen when the user selects A, B, or C.

My guess would be that you would retrieve data based on the selection. That being the case you need to make sure that the BEx query can accomodate this value because data is in the Cube and BEx is the way to get it. That is BEx should have a variable that accepts the selected value and retrieve data based on the selection.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make a condition like this and it will work .

@Prompt('Select Grouping','A',{'A','B','C'},mono,constrained)