cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business View Manager - Question Dynamic Data Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I've a created a dynamic data connection in the Business View Manager which will be used in Crystal 2008 to read "List Of Values" from R/3 Dev, QA and Prod respectivley.

Is there any way to set the default datasource in the backend for the dynamic data connection (as opposed to choosing it from the parameter dropdown) when the report is refreshed.

I basically want the report to use the Prod datasource by default once the report has been moved to the production enviroment.

Note that the business views will only be used ito retrieve LOV's for the Parameters / selection fields of the report.

I'm using the standard Infoset Driver in the Crystal Report to retrieve the transaction data from R/3. (Which is working fine)

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can set default values for parameters in Crystal report. Probably you could check out that option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I did check the parameter fields in the Crystal report..

The parameter field which allows you to select the applicable system i.e. Dev, QA, prod etc does not appear in the parameter list in the Crystal report which means that you can not set a default value for it..

I seems like I would have to build the data foundation on a standard (not dynamic) datasource and then change the system connection property to point to the corrrect system in business view manager post export / import..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe, this funcitionality is available in BVs for dynamic data connection selection.

Check out adding a parameter in Business View where you can select the connections. You could probably use this parameter in reports.

I remember that, I have done this. But as of now I don't have clue that, how I did it. And I also don't have Business View Manager in my current project.

Regards

Gowtham

Answers (0)