Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username Length Restriction while using LDAP directory for Connection

TusharShinde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

We are able to configure Connection to Corporate LDAP Directory, but the Problem, we are facing is, Currently the LDAP username that are created contain more than 12-Chars for some Users and the problem is in R/3 the username cannot be created with more than 12 chars, in that case are SSO that is configured is not working because if the user with having username more than 12 chars than he is not able see the UWL and as well as the SSO is not working for JCo connections.

Also the requirement is to access Outlook via portal.

Is there any solution for my problem, My client is not ready to change the existing UserIDs in LDAP to 12Chars citing the reason of communication overhead.

Please give me some inputs to configure the LDAP in our Landscape.

Regards,

Tushar.S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tushar,

You need to use the product described on SAP EcoHub at http://ecohub.sdn.sap.com/irj/ecohub/solutions/trustbrokeradapter. This product includes a login module which allows you to map Active Directory principal names (upto 256 chars) onto SAP user names (12 chars).

Thanks,

Tim

3 REPLIES 3

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tushar,

You need to use the product described on SAP EcoHub at http://ecohub.sdn.sap.com/irj/ecohub/solutions/trustbrokeradapter. This product includes a login module which allows you to map Active Directory principal names (upto 256 chars) onto SAP user names (12 chars).

Thanks,

Tim

TusharShinde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Please give inputs on this issue. Our client is not ready to incur add. cost for this scenario so is there any kind of work-around for this issue. Please do let me know if there is any.

Thank You.

Regards,

Tushar.

TusharShinde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Solved, please check the below blog.

/people/tushar.shinde/blog/2011/05/25/user-mapping-using-custom-user-attribute-of-ldap-in-netweaver-portal-to-access-abap-systems