cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dypro URL iview in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to give a link in the mails to the user for a Web dynpro application url running in a portal. Could you please tell me how to get that url for a particular WD application.

For example when we post the request in the forum we get <b>formid and thread id</b> which directly takes us to the form in SDN portal.

Regards,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rakesh,

In Netweaver Developer Studio, Expand your WebDynpro project: ProjectName --> Web Dynpro -->Applications, right click on the application name under applications and click on "Deploy New Archive and Run". This should open your WebDynpro in a browser, from the browser's address copy the URL.

If you want to pass parameters to Web Dynpro component, you can use HTTP name value format i.e. http://servername:portnumber/webdynpro/dispatcher/WDApplicationName?paramname1=value1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for prompt reply Sridhar. But I am looking at WD iview URL which may be in some workset or roles etc in the portal. I want to display that WD iview along with other navigation inside the portal. Not just the WD Application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use WDPortalNavigation to navigate to another iview.

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute(

"ROLES://portal_content/com.xx.test.sv.WPM_SV/com.xx.test.userid.Iview_transaction",

WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_EXTERNAL,

"toolbar=no,menubar=no",

(String)null,

WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_HISTORY,

"My Target Title",

"",

input);

When you create the iview for your Web Dynpro application,

in the Quick Info dialog box, ID field, you will see a URL

which starts like this :

pcd:portal_content/com.pg.test.sv.WPM_SV/com.hp.test.userid.Iview_transaction

Replace pcd with ROLES:// .

For details read through WDPortalNavigation documentation.

Regards,

Subramanian V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your URL should look like this:

http://<server>.<domain>:<port>/irj/portal?NavigationTarget=ROLES://portal_content/<path to your iview or page>

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton to both Subramanian Venkateswaran & Satyajith. I have given you the points also.

Regards,

Rakesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To obtain a URL to the iView to use in the emails, one of the ways is to log in as a user who has content admin rights. Open the 'Role' object that contains the desired iView, select the iView in the tree there. Open this in the edit mode and press the preview button. (Or, you can simply rightclick on the iView in the portal content directory and select 'Preview' from the popup menu). This opens the iView in a new browser window. You can use the URL displayed there in the address bar and send it. But then, the recepient of the URL must have some access to the portal if he is to view this iView.

Regards,

Prashanth